- 2010: Steve Zahn, Sean Payton, Imagination Movers, Paul Mainieri
- 2009: Joan Rivers, James Belushi, Reno 911!
- 2008: Hélio Castroneves, Sidney Torres, Lance Bass, Kevin Meaney, Salt-n-Pepa, Christian LeBlanc, Ricky Paull Goldin, Sean Payton, Josh Gracin
- 2007: Patricia Clarkson, Sean Payton, Harry Connick, Jr.
- 2006: Steven Seagal, Josh Hartnett
- 2005: Sawyer Brown, Toby Keith
- 2004 Dominic Monaghan, Brad Paisley, Nicole Miller, Harry Connick, Jr.
- 2003 Travis Tritt, Harry Connick, Jr.
- 2001 Glenn Close (grand marshall), Whoopi Goldberg, Hoda Kotb, Harry Connick, Jr.
- 2000 Whoopi Goldberg (grand marshall),
- 1999 Sandra Bullock, Forest Whitaker,
- 1997 Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones, Anne Rice, Harry Connick, Jr.
- 1996 The Road Rules gang from MTV, Laurence Fishburne, Jay Thomas ('96 King of Orpheus), Anne Rice ('96 muse of Orpheus), Harry Connick, Jr.
- 1995 Anne Rice
- 1994 Little Richard, Branford Marsalis, Vanessa R. Williams, Dan Aykroyd, Harry Connick, Jr.
Other celebrity monarchs for the Krewe of Orpheus include Camryn Manheim, Debbie Allen, Tommy Tune, James Brown, David Copperfield, Delta Burke, Gerald McRaney, Josh Gracin and Christian LeBlanc.
Read more about this topic: Krewe Of Orpheus
Famous quotes containing the words monarchs and/or celebrity:
“There was about all the Romans a heroic tone peculiar to ancient life. Their virtues were great and noble, and these virtues made them great and noble. They possessed a natural majesty that was not put on and taken off at pleasure, as was that of certain eastern monarchs when they put on or took off their garments of Tyrian dye. It is hoped that this is not wholly lost from the world, although the sense of earthly vanity inculcated by Christianity may have swallowed it up in humility.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“My great comfort is, that the temporary celebrity I have wrung from the world has been in the very teeth of all opinions and prejudices. I have flattered no ruling powers; I have never concealed a single thought that tempted me.”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)