Environment may refer to:
- Environment (biophysical), the physical and biological factors along with their chemical interactions that affect an organism
- Environment (systems), the surroundings of a physical system that may interact with the system by exchanging mass, energy, or other properties
- Environments (series), a series of LPs, cassettes and CDs depicting natural sounds
- Built environment, constructed surroundings that provide the setting for human activity, ranging from the large-scale civic surroundings to the personal places
- Knowledge environment
- Natural environment
- Social environment, the culture that an individual lives in, and the people and institutions with whom they interact
- Desktop environment, in computing, the graphical user interface to the computer
- Environment variables, the dynamic set of variables defined in a process
- Integrated development environment, a type of computer software that assists computer programmers in developing software
- Runtime environment, a virtual machine state which provides software services for processes or programs while a computer is running
- In Functional programming, the environment is "a function which maps variable names on to their values"
- In Unified Process the Environment discipline "refers to the tools and customizing the process for the project"
Environmental may refer to:
- Environmental art
- Environmental determinism
- Environmental epidemiology
- Environmental health
- Environmental movement
- Environmental policy
- Environmental psychology
- Environmental quality
- Environmental science, the study of the interactions among the physical, chemical and biological components of the environment
Read more about Environment: Other
Other articles related to "environment, environments":
... Washoe was raised in an environment as close as possible to that of a human child, in an attempt to satisfy her psychological need for companionship ... using vocal communication, on the assumption that this would create a less confusing learning environment for Washoe ... Instead, they set up a conversational environment that evoked communication, without the use of rewards for specific actions ...
... The Department of Environment and Conservation is a department of the Government of Western Australia that is responsible for implementing the state's conservation and environment legislation and regulations ... It was formed on 1 July 2006 by the amalgamation of the Department of Environment and the Department of Conservation and Land Management (CALM) ...
... health concerned with all aspects of the natural and built environment that may affect human health ... affecting human health whereas environmental science is concerned with the environment as it affects ecosystems ... preventing disease and creating health-supportive environments ...
Famous quotes containing the word environment:
“White males are the most responsible for the destruction of human life and environment on the planet today.”
—Robin Morgan (b. 1941)
“Today the young actors regard their environment with rage and disgust. They regard their Master not as disciples regard their Master, but as slaves regard their Master.”
—Judith Malina (b. 1926)