Hardware may refer to:
- Household hardware, equipment such as keys, locks, hinges, latches, handles, wire, chains, plumbing, tools, utensils, and machine parts, typically sold in hardware stores
- Hardware store, a business which sells household hardware
- Builders' hardware, for doors, cabinets, windows, bathrooms, etc.
- Drum hardware, the parts of a drum or drum kit that are used to tension, position, and otherwise support the instruments themselves
- Music hardware, mechanical or electronic devices, other than instruments, constructed to create or aid in the creation of musical sounds
- Personal computer hardware, the component devices of a personal computer
- Computer hardware, the collection of physical elements that comprise a computer system
- Graphics hardware, computer hardware that enables computers to produce and show computer graphics
- Networking hardware, devices facilitating the use of a computer network
- Open-source hardware, physical artifacts of technology designed and offered in the same manner as free and open source software
- Electronic hardware, interconnected electronic components
- Electronic component, a basic electronic element
- Digital electronics, the hardware used by digital computer systems that can be controlled by software
- Hardware architecture, the identification of a system's physical components and their interrelationships
- Hardware logic, a differentiation of data processing circuitry from other more generalized eleconic circuitry
- Hardware (album), a studio album by the heavy metal band Krokus
- Hardware (band), a supergroup consisting of Bootsy Collins, Buddy Miles, and Stevie Salas
- Hardware (comics), a character from Milestone Comics
- Hardware (development cooperation), one aspect of technology transfer
- Hardware (film), a 1990 film
- Hardware (TV series), a British situation comedy
- Hardware, Virginia, an unincorporated community in Fluvanna County, in the U.S. state of Virginia
another name or slang for:
- Military technology
Other articles related to "computer, computers, hardware":
... Computer emulation In this mode QEMU emulates a full computer system, including peripherals ... It can be used to provide virtual hosting of several virtual computers on a single computer ... Microsoft Windows, DOS, and BSD it supports emulating several hardware platforms, including x86, x86-64, ARM, ETRAX CRIS, MIPS, MicroBlaze, PowerPC and SPARC ...
... This monitors computer systems for suspicious activity such as computer viruses, spyware, adware, and other malicious objects in 'real-time', in other words while data loaded into ...
... the smaller subgroups comprising a market Computing Segmentation (memory), the division of computer memory into segments Image segment created in computer vision String segment, the substring of a pattern ...
... Digital control is a branch of control theory that uses digital computers to act as system controllers ... system can take the form of a microcontroller to an ASIC to a standard desktop computer ... Since a digital computer is a discrete system, the Laplace transform is replaced with the Z-transform ...
... Xavier Leroy (born March 15, 1968) is a French computer scientist and programmer ... to the École normale supérieure in Paris in 1987, where he studied mathematics and computer science ... From 1989 to 1992 he did his PhD in computer science under the supervision of Gérard Huet ...
Famous quotes containing the words hardware and/or computer:
“A friend of mine spoke of books that are dedicated like this: To my wife, by whose helpful criticism ... and so on. He said the dedication should really read: To my wife. If it had not been for her continual criticism and persistent nagging doubt as to my ability, this book would have appeared in Harpers instead of The Hardware Age.”
—Brenda Ueland (18911985)
“The archetype of all humans, their ideal image, is the computer, once it has liberated itself from its creator, man. The computer is the essence of the human being. In the computer, man reaches his completion.”
—Friedrich Dürrenmatt (19211990)