Command may refer to:
- Command (computing), a statement in a computer language
- COMMAND.COM, the default operating system shell and command-line interpreter for DOS
- Command (military formation), an organizational unit
- Command key, a modifier key on Apple Macintosh computer keyboards
- Command pattern, a software design pattern in which objects represent actions
- Command Records, a record label
- Command (album), a 2009 studio album by Client
- Command paper, a policy paper or report issued by, for or to the British government
- Command and control, the exercise of authority in a military organization
- Command, a sentence using the imperative mood
- Command (baseball), the ability of a pitcher to throw a pitch where he intends to
- Command (teaching style)
Other articles related to "command, commands":
... North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD, /ˈnɔræd/) is a joint organization of Canada and the United States that provides aerospace warning, air sovereignty, and defense ... Headquarters NORAD and the NORAD/USNORTHCOM command center are located at Peterson Air Force Base in El Paso County, near Colorado Springs, Colorado ... The nearby Cheyenne Mountain nuclear bunker has the Alternate Command Center ...
... terminology, of which there are two types commands (which do something—effects—but do not return a value) like print ... A command is similar to a Pascal procedure, and an operation is similar to a Pascal function ... (See also command-query separation, where a query is an operation in Logo) ...
... As of 22 May, 2012 its command personnel includes Commander Colonel Terry Cook Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major Richard Clark ...
... VMware support - IO system IBM DB2 LUW supports a Quiesce command that is used to indicate a state for which all users have been locked out of a database or ... See DB2 Quiesce Command IBM DB2 for z/OS, OS/390 and IBM i Operating System has a utility command called QUIESCE, used in order to make it write all data belonging to a certain database (a logical ... IBM DB2 for z/OS and OS/390 also supports a command SET LOG SUSPEND that technically speaking, stops it from writing to the log, in fact freezing any ...
Famous quotes containing the word command:
“Ordinary time is quality time too. Everyday activities are not just necessities that keep you from serious child rearing: they are the best opportunities for learning you can give your child...because her chief task in her first three years is precisely to gain command of the day-to-day life you take for granted.”
—Amy Laura Dombro (20th century)
“Under bare Ben Bulbens head
In Drumcliff churchyard Yeats is laid.
An ancestor was rector there
Long years ago, a church stands near,
By the road an ancient cross.
No marble, no conventional phrase;
On limestone quarried near the spot
By his command these words are cut:
Cast a cold eye
On life, on death.
Horseman pass by!”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“For experience showed her that she had not, by marrying a man of a large fortune, obtained any great proportion of property which she could call her own or command at her pleasure.”
—Sarah Fielding (17101768)