Testament can refer to:
- Old Testament, the large, first section of the holy scriptures of Christianity, incorporating the Jewish Scriptures (the Tanakh)
- New Testament, the smaller, final section of the holy scriptures of Christianity including the Gospels, epistles of Paul, and other writings
- Final Testament, the Qur'an, the holy scriptures of Islam
- Will (law), a document detailing wishes upon the author's death and one of the original uses of testament; often referred to as "Last Will and Testament"
- Testament (film), a 1983 film about the aftermath of a nuclear war on a family
- Le grand testament, the masterpiece of poet François Villon, who also wrote a Petit testament
- Lenin's Testament, name given to a document written by Vladimir Lenin in the last weeks of 1922 and the first week of 1923
- Testament (band), an American thrash metal band
- Testament (comic book), a 2005 comic book
- Das Testament, an album by E Nomine
- Testament (Xenosaga), mysterious characters from the Xenosaga series
- Testament (Guilty Gear), a character from the video game series Guilty Gear
- Testament Records (UK), a classical music record label
- Testament Records (USA), an American roots music record label
- The Testament (Ludlum novel), a novel by Eric Van Lustbader
- Testament, a 1988 television series based on the book Testament: the Bible and History by John Romer
- "Testament", a song by Axium from Blindsided
- Testament, a novel by David Morrell
Other articles related to "testament, testaments":
... The Testaments of the Three Patriarchs is another name for the collection formed by the following three apocryphal works of the Hebrew Scriptures Testament of Abraham Testament of Isaac ...
... After release Testament embarked on the "Riding the Snake" world tour to promote the album with "touring" lead guitarist Steve Smyth (ex-Vicious Rumors) and (ex-Sadus) drummer ... It is also the first of five reissues that Testament has done with Prosthetic Records ... also did the cover art for the two prior Testament studio albums Demonic (1997) and Low (1994) ...
... In 1820 he became an associate professor of Old Testament studies and Oriental philology at the University of Heidelberg, where in 1823 he received the title of ... In 1829 he attained the chair of Old Testament studies at Heidelberg. 4-volume exegetical work on the prophets of the Old Testament titled Praktischer Commentar über die Propheten des alten Bundes (1841-46) ...
... Surfing Guide to Southern California (with Bill Cleary) – 1st ed ... Fitzpatrick 1963 ...
Famous quotes containing the word testament:
“Touch me not.”
—Bible: New Testament Jesus, in John, 20:17.
Spoken to Mary Magdalene, after Jesus has risen from the dead and made himself known to her. The words are best known in the Latin form in which they appear in the Vulgate: Noli me tangere.
“The powers that be are ordained of God.”
—Bible: New Testament St. Paul, in Romans, 13:1.