Some articles on technical:
... Karadeniz Technical University, founded upon the approval of the proposal put forward by Mustafa Reşit Tarakçıoğlu, Trabzon deputy of the time ... The continuing development of Karadeniz Technical University is in parallel with the needs of the surrounding environment ... Arts, Communication and Of School of Technical Education are some units to offer a good education and excellent research potential ...
... Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) was a public university in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh set up by the Government of Uttar Pradesh on May 8, 2000 ... to ensure proper management, the university was bifurcated into separate universities Gautam Buddha Technical University and Mahamaya Technical University with effect from May 1, 2010 ... According to the university's website, it was the biggest technical university in Asia ...
... Many of Pierce's technical books were written at a level intended to introduce a semi-technical audience to modern technical topics ...
... Two-year technical institutes offer vocational training for graduates of 2-year technical colleges ...
More definitions of "technical":
- (adj): Resulting from or dependent on market factors rather than fundamental economic considerations.
Example: "Analysts content that the stock market is due for a technical rally"; "the fall is only a technical correction"
- (adj): Characterizing or showing skill in or specialized knowledge of applied arts and sciences.
Example: "A technical problem"; "highly technical matters hardly suitable for the general public"; "a technical report"; "producing the A-bomb was a challenge to the technical people of this country"; "technical training"; "technical language"
- (adj): Of or relating to a practical subject that is organized according to scientific principles.
Example: "Technical college"
- (adj): Of production of chemicals for commercial purposes especially on a large scale.
Example: "Technical (or commercial) sulfuric acid"
- (adj): Of or relating to technique.
Example: "Technical innovation in recent novels"; "technical details"
- (noun): (basketball) a foul that that can be assessed on a player or a coach or a team for unsportsmanlike conduct; does not usually involve physical contact during play.
Synonyms: technical foul
- (adj): Of or relating to proficiency in a practical skill.
Example: "No amount of technical skill and craftsmanship can take the place of vital interest"- John Dewey
Famous quotes containing the word technical:
“I rather think the cinema will die. Look at the energy being exerted to revive ityesterday it was color, today three dimensions. I dont give it forty years more. Witness the decline of conversation. Only the Irish have remained incomparable conversationalists, maybe because technical progress has passed them by.”
—Orson Welles (19151984)
“Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains.”
—Eric Hoffer (19021983)
“In effect, to follow, not to force the public inclination; to give a direction, a form, a technical dress, and a specific sanction, to the general sense of the community, is the true end of legislature.”
—Edmund Burke (17291797)