More definitions of "reservation":
- (noun): A statement that limits or restricts some claim.
- (noun): The act of keeping back or setting aside for some future occasion.
- (noun): The written record or promise of an arrangement by which accommodations are secured in advance.
- (noun): An unstated doubt that prevents you from accepting something wholeheartedly.
Synonyms: mental reservation, arriere pensee
- (noun): Something reserved in advance (as a hotel accommodation or a seat on a plane etc.).
- (noun): The act of reserving (a place or passage) or engaging the services of (a person or group).
Famous quotes containing the word reservation:
“Music is so much a part of their daily lives that if an Indian visits another reservation one of the first questions asked on his return is: What new songs did you learn?”
—Federal Writers Project Of The Wor, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)