Some articles on monitor, monitors:
... The more common monitor system is one that uses one or more separate auxiliary mixes or sub-mixes on the FOH mixing board ... These mixes then drive dedicated monitor equalizers and signal processors which in turn drive dedicated monitor amplifiers which power the monitor speakers ... engineer located in the audience who also adjusts the monitor mix for the performers ...
... The monitor system consists of the monitor mix, equalization or other signal processing, amplifiers, and monitor speakers on stage pointing at the performers ...
... Monitor is located at 40°25'11" North, 86°45'24" West (40.419722, -86.756667) and has an elevation of approximately 589 feet ...
... Monitor Group (informally Monitor, legally Monitor Company Group LP) was a multinational management consulting firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States and ... On November 7, 2012, Monitor Group filed for bankruptcy protection as part of a deal to be acquired by Deloitte ... Monitor specialized in providing strategy consultation services to the senior management of organizations and governments ...
... Using monitor loudspeakers may have been developed independently by sound engineers in different cities who were trying to resolve this problem during the 1960s ... was used specifically as a stage monitor was for Judy Garland at the San Francisco Civic Auditorium on September 13, 1961 ... Early stage monitors were simply speakers on each side of the stage pointed at the performers driven by the same mix as the FOH because PA mixers rarely ...
More definitions of "monitor":
- (noun): Display consisting of a device that takes signals from a computer and displays them on a CRT screen.
Synonyms: monitoring device
- (noun): Electronic equipment that is used to check the quality or content of electronic transmissions.
- (noun): Any of various large tropical carnivorous lizards of Africa and Asia and Australia; fabled to warn of crocodiles.
Synonyms: monitor lizard, varan
- (noun): Someone who supervises (an examination).
- (noun): A piece of electronic equipment that keeps track of the operation of a system continuously and warns of trouble.
Famous quotes containing the word monitor:
“It is indeed typical that you Earth people refuse to believe in the superiority of any world but your own. Children looking into a magnifying glass, imagining the image you see is the image of your true size.”
—Franklin Coen. Joseph Newman. The Monitor (Douglas Spencer)