Proud may refer to:
- Proud (Heather Small album), the debut album by Heather Small
- Proud (compilation album), a New Zealand hip hop compilation album
- "Proud" (Heather Small song), a song by Heather Small that is the official song for the London 2012 Olympic bid
- "Proud" (Britannia High song), a 2008 song written for Britannia High and later covered by Susan Boyle
- "Proud" (JLS song), a 2012 song by the English boy band JLS
- Albert Proud (born 1988), Australian rules football player
- Andrew Proud (born 1954), Anglican Bishop of Reading and former Area Bishop for the Horn of Africa in the Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the Middle East
- Bill Proud (1919-1961), English cricketer
- David Proud (born 1983), English actor born with spina bifida
- Geoffrey Proud (born 1946), Australian painter
- George Proud (born 1939), Canadian politician
- Ted Proud (born 1930), British postal historian and philatelic writer
- Proud (film), a 2004 film dramatizing the story of the African American crew of the USS Mason (DE-529)
- Proud (John Stanley play), a 2009 play that examines the implications of being "out and proud" as a gay man
- Proud Island, South Georgia, Atlantic Ocean
Other articles related to "proud":
... Albert Proud (born 6 September 1988) is an Australian rules football player who plays for Mt Gravatt Vultures in NEAFL ... Proud is an Indigenous Australian, and made a name for himself at the Lions through his fierce attack on the ball, and hard work when not in possession ...
... Adam Best, played by David Proud, is the son of Manda Best (Josie Lawrence) ... Proud is the first adult actor with a visible disability to appear regularly in the soap ... Both Proud and his character live with spina bifida and are wheelchair users, and Adam was introduced to the show as part of a series of measures by the BBC to raise the profile of disabled actors ...
... Linda Proud was born on 9 July 1949 in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, the only child of William Wilfred Proud and Sybil Grace Proud ...
... In a letter to The London Philatelist, Ted Proud has referred to two other dealers, known only as Dealer A and Dealer B who carried out similar activities and used to co-operate ... Proud has written that Dealer A had a stock of printers blocks of cancels used to illustrate magazine articles and books who would also cancel unused stamps ... Proud has commented that to say that Madame Joseph's operations were shrouded in secrecy would be an exaggeration and that her business was well known in the ...
Famous quotes containing the word proud:
“That title of respect
Which the proud soul neer pays but to the proud.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“So cruel prison how could betide, alas,
As proud Windsor, Where I in lust and joy
With a kings son my childish years did pass
In greater feast than Priams sons of Troy?
Where each sweet place returns a taste full sour;”
—Henry Howard, Earl Of Surrey (1517?1547)
“Our ability to fall in love requires enough comfort with our masculinity to join it with someones femininity and feel enhanced. . . . If our mother made us feel secure and proud in our masculinity, then we want to find that again in our wife. If we are really comfortable with our mother, we can even marry a woman who is a friend rather than an adversary, and form a true partnership.”
—Frank Pittman (20th century)