Labour or Labor may refer to:
- Employment of any kind
- Manual labour, physical work done by people
- Wage labour, delivery of services by person for payment
- Additional labour & employment topics
- Child labour, the employment of children under an age determined by law or custom
- Debt bondage is a system of unfree labour where a person must work to pay off a debt
- Labour Day, a national holiday in many countries
- Labor Day, a federal holiday in the US
- Labour movement, the development of a collective organisation of working people
- Labour relations, the study of the relationship between management and workers
- Labour union, an association of wage-earners meant to maintain or improve conditions of employment
- Labour/Le Travail, an academic journal focusing on the Canadian labour movement.
- Unfree labour, slavery or penal labour
- Workforce, the labour pool, the people working in a company, industry, nation or other group
- Labor, an obsolete unit of area
- Josef Labor, a composer, pianist, organist, and teacher
- Labor, Slovenia
- Childbirth, especially from the start of uterine contractions to delivery
- Labour Party, political parties named after the labour movement.
Other articles related to "labour":
... Soon after this he joined the Labour Party ... From 1979 to 1983 he was a research officer for the Labour Party in Scotland, and from 1983 to 1985 he was a political adviser to Labour leader Neil Kinnock ... From 1986 to 1987, he was Scottish Organiser of Trade Unionists for Labour ...
... Hoey is known for her fight against the Labour Government's plans to ban fox hunting in Britain a rare position among Labour MPs ... This appointment was controversial in the Labour Party as the Countryside Alliance was seen to be behind a campaign to unseat Labour MPs at the 2005 election ... Kate Hoey nominated John McDonnell for the Labour leadership, but on his withdrawal, switched her nomination to Diane Abbott ...
... Vera Thomas on 13 February 1950) is a British Labour Party activist, barrister, author and lecturer ... her seat to the Liberal Democrats with the highest swing against any Labour candidate anywhere in the country prompted by local anger over the closure of ... Baird is Labour's candidate to be the Police and Crime Commissioner in Northumbria, selected by the highest vote for any candidate nationwide in a one-member-one-vote ballot of Northumbria Labour Party members ...
... The May 2010 local government elections saw the Labour Party become the council largest party, following the loss of three seats by the Conservative Party, two to the Liberal Democrats and one to Labour ... The current council is under no overall control but run by a Labour minority administration and its composition is Labour 28 Conservatives 27 Merton Park Residents 3 Liberal Democrats 2 ...
Famous quotes containing the word labour:
“Value is the life-giving power of anything; cost, the quantity of labour required to produce it; its price, the quantity of labour which its possessor will take in exchange for it.”
—John Ruskin (18191900)
“Those who labour in the earth are the chosen people of God, if ever he had a chosen people, whose breasts he has made his peculiar deposit for substantial and genuine virtue.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)
“We all labour against our own cure, for death is the cure of all diseases.”
—Thomas Browne (16051682)