Kaiser Wilhelm is a common reference to two German emperors:
- Wilhelm I, German Emperor (1797–1888), King of Prussia; became the first Kaiser (Emperor) of a united Germany
- Wilhelm II, German Emperor (1859–1941), son of Kaiser Friedrich III and was Kaiser during World War I; abdicated the throne in 1918
Kaiser Wilhelm may also refer to:
- Kaiser Wilhelm (baseball) (1874–1936), early 20th century baseball pitcher
- Kaiser Wilhelm Society, a German entity
- Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, a memorial church for Wilhelm I
- Kaiser-Wilhelm-Brücke, a bridge in Wilhelmshaven
- Kaiser-Wilhelmsland, a part of
Other articles related to "kaiser, kaiser wilhelm":
... He was a Senator in the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gesellschaft ... An endowment he made in 1911 resulted in the founding of the Kaiser-Wilhelm Institut für physikalische Chemie und Elektrochemie, and endowments from him led to the founding of and support of the Kaiser-Wilh ...
... The Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gesellschaft (KWG, Kaiser Wilhelm Society) was founded in 1911 to promote the sciences in Germany, especially by establishing ... of 1 million Marks towards the founding of the Kaiser-Wilhelm Institut für physikalische Chemie und Elektrochemie (KWIPC, Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for ... continued for 13 years, and it was instrumental in the founding of the Kaiser-Wilhelm Institut für Physik (KWIP, Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics) ...
... Indianapolis, Indiana Kyffhäuser Monument (1889–96), Porta Westfalica Equestrian statue of Kaiser Wilhelm I by Emil Hundrieser, Kyffhäuser Monument, Porta Westfalica Schmitz's ca. 1890 rendering for the Kaiser Wilhelm Monument in Porta Westfalica Kaiser Wilhelm Monument (1890–96), Teutoburg Forest, Porta Westfalica, Caspar von ...
... Kaiser Wilhelm II's keel was laid in 1896, at the Kaiserliche Werft in Wilhelmshaven, under construction number 24 ... Kaiser Wilhelm II was launched on 14 September 1897 and commissioned on 13 February 1900 ... Kaiser Wilhelm II's powerplant was rated at 13,000 indicated horsepower (9,700 kW), which generated a top speed of 17.5 knots (32.4 km/h) ...
Famous quotes related to kaiser wilhelm:
“Modern tourist guides have helped raised tourist expectations. And they have provided the nativesfrom Kaiser Wilhelm down to the villagers of Chichacestenangowith a detailed and itemized list of what is expected of them and when. These are the up-to- date scripts for actors on the tourists stage.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin (b. 1914)