More definitions of "establishment":
- (noun): The persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something.
Example: "He quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
Synonyms: administration, governance, governing body, brass, organization, organisation
- (noun): The act of forming something.
Example: "It was the establishment of his reputation"
Synonyms: constitution, formation, organization, organisation
- (noun): A public or private structure (business or governmental or educational) including buildings and equipment for business or residence.
- (noun): (ecology) the process by which a plant or animal becomes established in a new habitat.
- (noun): An organization founded and united for a specific purpose.
- (noun): Any large organization.