Substance may refer to:
- Chemical substance, a material with a definite chemical composition
- Drug substance
- Substance abuse, drug-related healthcare and social policy diagnosis or label
- Substance dependence, drug-related healthcare and social policy diagnosis or label
- Matter, anything that has mass and takes up space
- Substance theory, theory positing that a substance is distinct from its properties
- Substantial (rapper) a US musician
- Substance (Joy Division album), 1988
- Substance (Blank & Jones album), 2002
- Substance 1987, a New Order album
- "Substance", a song by Haste the Day from That They May Know You
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, an update of the video game Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
- Homoousian, a Christian term meaning "same substance"
Other articles related to "substance, substances":
... Shilajit is a substance mainly found in the Altai, Himalaya, and Caucasus mountains of Central Asia ... It should not be confused with ozokerite, also a humic substance, similar in appearance, but apparently without medicinal qualities ... they are offering cheap raw ozokerite, a substance used, for example, in cosmetics ...
... shut down for 2 1/2 days due to an unknown substance ... hygienist company and the tests were inconclusive as to what chemical/substance was released ... The person(s) was never found that might have released the substance, although it was suspected to be a student's doing trying to avoid exams ...
... Consistent with his non-dualistic thinking, Dewey does not draw a sharp distinction between substance and form ... drawn, save in reflection, between form and substance.” For Dewey, substance is different from subject ... for a subject, but for Dewey the substance of the poem is the poem ...
... addicted to being in an intoxicated state without a preference for one particular substance ... have shown that alcohol is commonly used with another substance ... study on polysubstance use that separated participants who used multiple substances into groups based on their preferred drug ...
Famous quotes containing the word substance:
“I do not remember anything which Confucius has said directly respecting mans origin, purpose, and destiny. He was more practical than that. He is full of wisdom applied to human relations,to the private life,the family,government, etc. It is remarkable that, according to his own account, the sum and substance of his teaching is, as you know, to do as you would be done by.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“But they that hold God to be [an incorporeal substance] ... do absolutely make God to be nothing at all. But how? Were they atheists? No. For though by ignorance of the consequence they said that which was equivalent to atheism, yet in their hearts they thought God a substance ... So that this atheism by consequence is a very easy thing to be fallen into, even by the most godly men of the church.”
—Thomas Hobbes (15881679)