Shot may refer to:
- Shot glass, a small glass used for serving or measuring liquor, hence:
- Shooter (mixed drink), a mixed alcoholic drink served in a shot glass
- Shot (filmmaking), a part of a film between two cuts
- Shot (ice hockey), an attempt to score a goal or points
- Shot put, an event in track and field athletics
- Shot silk, a type of silk
- Showt or Shoţ, the city in Iran
- Shooting (association football), a kicking technique in association football
- Injection (medicine), an injected dose
- Home run, in baseball slang
SHOT may stand for:
- Society for the History of Technology, a professional organization for historians of technology
- Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show, an annual trade show for the shooting, hunting, and firearms industry
- Serious Hazards of Transfusion, a "haemovigilance" organization for monitoring blood transfusion errors in the United Kingdom
Shot, in relation to weaponry, may refer to:
- Shooting, the act of firing a gun
- Gunshot, discharge of a firearm
- Ballistic trauma, gunshot injury
- Lead shot, small balls of metal generally used as weights or as firearm projectiles
- Round shot, a solid projectile used in muzzle-loading cannon
- A nuclear weapon test
- Shot, an album by The Jesus Lizard
- "Shot," a song by The Rasmus
- Shot, Illusion, New God, an EP by Gruntruck
- Shot Rev. 2.0, a video album by The Sisters of Mercy
Other articles related to "shot, shots":
... As he emerged from the doorway, a shot rang out ... "He shot me ... Mayor Smith shot me," a young man in the uniform of a United States soldier yelled ...
... In the 1900 Olympics, Garrett placed third in the shot put and the standing triple jump ... His bronze medal in the shot put was especially impressive, as he refused to compete in the final due to it being held on a Sunday ... Garrett was the IC4A shot put champion in 1897 ...
... The shot put is a track and field event involving "throwing"/"putting" (throwing in a pushing motion) a heavy spherical object —the shot—as far as possible ... The shot put competition for men has been a part of the modern Olympics since their revival in 1896, women's competition began in 1948 ...
... Shots were fired as the mob pillaged hardware stores in the business district and entered pawnshops, seeking firearms ... The mob shot at any policeman seven officers received gunshot wounds, although none of the wounds were serious ... Louis Young, 16 years old, was fatally shot in the stomach while leading a gang up to the fourth floor of the building ...
... The film was shot between June 14, 1982, and April 22, 1983 ... Most of the exteriors were shot on location in New York City (such as along South 6th Street and South 8th Street in Williamsburg), but several key scenes were shot elsewhere ... by Bugsy and most of the interiors were shot in Cinecittà in Rome ...
Famous quotes containing the word shot:
“What constitutes a real, live human being is more of a mystery than ever these days, and meneach one of whom is a valuable, unique experiment on the part of natureare shot down wholesale.”
—Hermann Hesse (18771962)
“Whether we immoralists do any harm to virtue?Just as little as anarchists do to princes. It is only because they have been shot at that they once again sit securely on their thrones. Moral: we must shoot at morals.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“Politics in a literary work, is like a gun shot in the middle of a concert, something vulgar, and however, something which is impossible to ignore.”
—Stendhal [Marie Henri Beyle] (17831842)