Heavenly (from the word heaven) may refer to:
- Heavenly (British band), a twee pop band from Oxford, England
- Heavenly (French band), a power metal band from Paris, France
- Heavenly (Johnny Mathis album), released in 1959.
- Heavenly (L'Arc-en-Ciel album), the third album by Japanese rock band L'Arc~en~Ciel, released in 1995
- Heavenly (Ladysmith Black Mambazo album), an album by the South African chorus Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- Heavenly Planet, a proposed World music festival in Reading, England
- Heavenly Records, a British independent record label
- Thee Heavenly Music Association, an alternative rock band
In other contexts:
- Heavenly Mountain Resort, a ski resort located on the California-Nevada border near Lake Tahoe
- Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence, only child of the late INXS singer Michael Hutchence and the late TV Host Paula Yates. Now known as Tiger Hutchence-Geldof.
- Heavenly Group Ltd, a full service branding agency based in London
Other articles related to "heavenly":
... He is a Heavenly Beast who is something of a mutation among his kind (he is born as an ancient version of Heavenly Beast, which is a ferocious-looking Godzilla-sized fox-like ... He is treated very poorly by Heavenly Beings and Ueki is the first to actually treat him with some kindness and respect ... He is able to detect the power level of Heavenly Beings (his eyes lights up and changes colour to red depending on which level the Heavenly Being is on) and because of his mutations has a ...
... Le Jardin de Heavenly is the second, and most critically acclaimed, album by twee pop band Heavenly ... Beat Happening's Calvin Johnson sings on the track "C is the Heavenly Option", which was later covered by Welsh group Los Campesinos! as a b-side to their 2007 single ...
... He is well respected in the Heavenly Realm for his wisdom ... While Jejun is not a warrior by nature, his power is on the same level as the Heavenly Emperor ... He is sent by the Heavenly Realm to guard one of the towers that will lead to the sealing of the Human Realm and the death of all beings in it ...
... on his holy palms, in token of the Heavenly Titles conferred on Him by the Supreme God for carrying out His Great Mission ... The distinctive signs, besides the Heavenly Tokens, that distinguish Him from the mushrooms of impostors, masquerading as master all over the world, and identify Him as the only ... after their final departure from the mortal coil to reach their rendezvous(heavenly destination), which is the Abode of Bliss ...
... The "Heavenly Questions" was an influence on the later works of the Chuci ... David Hinton sees the "Heavenly Questions" and the "Nine Songs" as introducing a "shamanistic world from the folk tradition" into the literary tradition of Chinese ... Other examples of the influence of the Heavenly Questions include the poem written by Li He, which A ...
Famous quotes containing the word heavenly:
“Her heavenly form
Angelic, but more soft and feminine,
Her graceful innocence, her every air
Of gesture or least action, overawed
His malice, and with rapine sweet bereaved
His fierceness of the fierce intent it brought.
That space of Evil One abstracted stood
From his own evil, and for the time remained
Stupidly good, of enmity disarmed,”
—John Milton (16081674)
“they remained free in the heavenly chasm,
remained angels, but dreaming angels,
each imbued with the mysteries of the other.”
—Denise Levertov (b. 1923)
“We make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and stars, as if we were villains on necessity, fools by heavenly compulsion.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)