Leg 11 (Oman → Thailand)
Airdate: 20 November 2008
- Muscat (Office of Muscat Governorate)
- Al-Abyad (Said's Camel Farm)
- Muscat (Muscat International Airport) to Phuket, Phuket Province, Thailand (Phuket International Airport)
- Phuket (Sam Kong Temple)
- Siray Island (Thai Trade Food Ice Factory)
- Phuket (Laem Hin Pier)
- Phuket (Rang Yai Beach)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member must locate one of seven special keys out of seventy keys buried in the sand using the metal detector to unlock the clue box. In this leg's Detour, teams have to choose between Pull or Plunge. In Pull, teams must kayak to a nearby oyster farm and find the marked shell by pulling the oyster lines, then the teams must bring the marked shell back to the beach to exchange it with their next clue. In Plunge, teams must snorkel and search for a giant clam shell with a pearl inside; the pearl should be exchanged with their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- In Said's Camel Farm, teams must move ten camels into the holding pens.
- In Thai Trade Food Ice Factory, teams must search a small Amazing Race ice cube buried in a barrel of ice to get the next clue.
- In Lam Hin Pier, teams must ride a boat and look for a fisherman in a marked boat to get the next clue.
- In Rang Yai Beach, teams must dig up a treasure chest and carry it to the Finish Line.
Famous quotes containing the word leg:
“We seldom break a leg as long as we are climbing wearily upwards in our lives, instead we do it when we start going easy on ourselves and choosing the comfortable paths.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)