- Black Sunday
- Bloody Sunday
- Cold Sunday
- Easter Sunday represents the resurrection of Christ for many Christians.
- Gaudete Sunday is the third Sunday of Advent.
- Gloomy Sunday
- Good Shepherd Sunday is the fourth Sunday of Easter.
- Laetare Sunday is the fourth Sunday of Lent.
- Low Sunday, first Sunday after Easter, is also known as the Octave of Easter, White Sunday, Quasimodo Sunday, Alb Sunday, Antipascha Sunday, and Divine Mercy Sunday.
- Palm Sunday is the Sunday before Easter.
- Passion Sunday, formerly denoting the fifth Sunday of Lent; since 1970 the term applies to the following Sunday also known as Palm Sunday.
- Selection Sunday
- Septuagesima, Sexagesima and Quinquagesima Sunday are the last three Sundays before Lent. Quinquagesima ("fiftieth"), is the fiftieth day before Easter, reckoning inclusively; but Sexagesima is not the sixtieth day and Septuagesima is not the seventieth but is the sixty-fourth day prior. The use of these terms was abandoned by the Catholic Church in the 1970 calendar reforms (the Sundays before Lent are now simply "Sundays in ordinary time" with no special status). However, their use is still continued in Lutheran tradition: for example, "Septuagesimae".
- Shavuot is the Jewish Pentecost, or 'Festival of Weeks'. For Karaite Jews it always falls on a Sunday.
- Stir-up Sunday is the last Sunday before Advent.
- Super Bowl Sunday
- Trinity Sunday is the first Sunday after Pentecost.
- Whitsunday "White Sunday" is the day of Pentecost.
Read more about this topic: Sunday
Other articles related to "days, named, named days, day, named day":
... chapter of a shared story that began with Days of Being Wild and continued with In the Mood for Love ... and Bai Ling, and the third is about Chow and a different woman who is also named Su Li-Zhen ... returned from 2046 except the protagonist, a lonely Japanese man named Tak (played by Takuya Kimura) ...
... Black Saturday is a day named after the beginning of a tragic bushfire in Victoria, Australia ... Holy Saturday is the day before Easter ... Lazarus Saturday is the day before Palm Sunday, and is part of the Holy Week ...
... The tzolk'in calendar combines a cycle of twenty named days with another cycle of thirteen numbers (the trecena), to produce 260 unique days (i.e ... Each successive named day was numbered from 1 up to 13 and then starting again at 1 ... There were 20 individual named days, as shown in the table below Tzolk'in calendar named days and associated glyphs (in sequence) Seq ...
... It is the day before the men are called to war, Fort Sumter having been fired on two days earlier ... The following day at the Wilkeses' barbecue at "Twelve Oaks," Scarlett informs Ashley she loves him and Ashley admits he cares for her ... birth to a boy, Wade Hampton Hamilton, named after his father's general ...
Famous quotes containing the words days and/or named:
“After eight days had passed, it was time to circumcise the child; and he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.”
—Bible: New Testament, Luke 2:21.
“The Puritans, to keep the remembrance of their unity one with another, and of their peaceful compact with the Indians, named their forest settlement CONCORD.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)