Sinclair may refer to:
- Lake Sinclair, near Milledgeville, Georgia
- Sinclair, Iowa
- Sinclair, West Virginia
- Sinclair, Wyoming
- Sinclair Mills, British Columbia
- Sinclair Township, Minnesota
- Sinclair (surname), list of people with this surname
- Clan Sinclair, Scottish family
- Clive Sinclair, electronics pioneer
- Lord Sinclair, a title in the Peerage of Scotland
- Sinclair Lewis, Nobel Prize-winning American writer
- Upton Sinclair, Pulitzer Prize-winning American writer
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, operator of American television stations
- Sinclair Oil, American petroleum company
- Sinclair Radionics Ltd, British electronics company founded in 1961
- Sinclair Research Ltd, British consumer electronics company founded in 1973
- Sinclair (High School), Uddevalla, Sweden
- Sinclair Community College, Dayton, Ohio, U.S.
- Sinclair Secondary School, Ontario, Canada
- Sinclair Freeway (Interstate 680)
- USS Sinclair (a United States Navy destroyer named for Captain Arthur Sinclair)
- Augustus Sinclair, a fictional character in the 2010 video game BioShock 2
- Jeffrey Sinclair, a character from US TV series Babylon 5
- Lord Brett Sinclair from the 1971 TV series The Persuaders!
- Skylar Sinclair, a fictional character in the 2009 video game The Saboteur
- Dinosaur Family in Jim Henson produced Dinosaurs TV series.
Read more about Sinclair: See Also
Other articles related to "sinclair":
... Public education in the town of Sinclair is provided by Carbon County School District #1 ... Zoned campuses include Sinclair Elementary School (grades K-5), Rawlins Middle School (grades 6-8), and Rawlins High School (grades 9-12) ...
... Cunningham has very close ties to Sinclair Broadcast Group ... All six Cunningham stations are operated by Sinclair under local marketing agreements ... In addition, over 90 percent of Cunningham's stock is controlled by trusts in the name of Sinclair founder David Smith's children ...
... the American novelist and muckraking journalist Upton Sinclair ... The book is the first of the “Dead Hand” series six books Sinclair wrote on American institutions ... In this book, Sinclair attacks institutionalized religion as a “source of income to parasites, and the natural ally of every form of oppression and exploitation.” ...
... Adventure prize at Crash 1984 Readers Awards, Return to Eden received a 90% score in Sinclair Programs, and The Worm in Paradise was rated a Your Sinclair Megagame and a Sinclair User Classic ... Sinclair User gave it a Sinclair User Classic, calling it an "...unqualified success for Level 9 and Rainbird." Your Sinclair awarded a Your Sinclair Mega Game, and ZX Computing a Monster Hit ... was placed fourth in September and third in October 1987 of the Your Sinclair adventure charts ...
... In 2001, Glencairn tried to merge with Sinclair outright ... and WTAT-TV in Charleston, South Carolina were located in markets where Sinclair could not legally have duopolies ... WTTE Sinclair-owned WSYX is the third-rated station in Columbus while WTTE is the fourth-rated station ...
Famous quotes containing the word sinclair:
“An involuntary return to the point of departure is, without doubt, the most disturbing of all journeys.”
—Iain Sinclair (b. 1943)
“Sinclair Lewis is the perfect example of the false sense of time of the newspaper world.... [ellipsis in source] He was always dominated by an artificial time when he wrote Main Street.... He did not create actual human beings at any time. That is what makes it newspaper. Sinclair Lewis is the typical newspaperman and everything he says is newspaper. The difference between a thinker and a newspaperman is that a thinker enters right into things, a newspaperman is superficial.”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)