RGW

RGW

The Council for Mutual Economic Assistance (Russian: Совет экономической взаимопомощи, Sovet ekonomicheskoy vzaimopomoshchi, СЭВ, SEV, English abbreviation, or ), 1949–1991, was an economic organization under the leadership of the Soviet Union that comprised the countries of the Eastern Bloc along with a number of socialist states elsewhere in the world. The Comecon was the Eastern Bloc's reply to the formation of the Organization for European Economic Co-operation in non-communist Europe.

The descriptive term was often applied to all multilateral activities involving members of the organization, rather than being restricted to the direct functions of Comecon and its organs. This usage was sometimes extended as well to bilateral relations among members, because in the system of socialist international economic relations, multilateral accords—typically of a general nature—tended to be implemented through a set of more detailed, bilateral agreements.

According to some historians, Moscow was concerned about the Marshall Plan. Comecon was then meant to prevent the Soviets´ sphere of influence from moving towards that of the Americans and the South-east Asia.

Read more about RGW:  Name in Various Languages, Membership, Observer Status, How Comecon Exchanged, Structure, Nature of Operation, Comecon Versus The European Economic Community, Prices, Exchange Rates, Coordination of National Plans, International Relations Within The Comecon, See Also

Other articles related to "rgw":

Sego, Utah - Railroad
1911 to connect the town of Sego with the D RGW ... Later on, in 1913, the railroad fell into the ownership of the D RGW ... The branch starts at the D RGW tracks on the northwest end of Thompson, enters Thompson Canyon, and veers through a cut along Sego Wash up Sego Canyon to the townsite ...
RGW (disambiguation)
... RGW could refer to Comecon Russian - Совет экономической взаимопомощи - СЭВ Ramsgreave and Wilpshire railway station, England National Rail ...
Durango And Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad - Visiting Equipment - D&RGW No. 315
... D RGW No.315 is a C-18 locomotive, built in 1895 by Baldwin Locomotive Works ... by the D RG and became No.424 and after the railroad was reorganized into D RGW in 1924 it became No.315 ... When the D RGW abandoned the line to Durango, 315 was donated to the Chamber of Commerce in 1968 ...
Utah Division (D&RGW)
... of the former Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad (D RGW) is a rail line that connects Grand Junction, Colorado and Salt Lake City, Utah (formerly Ogden) in ... the early 1880s, when the predecessors of the D RGW completed a narrow gauge line through the Royal Gorge, over Marshall Pass, through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, across the Utah desert, and over Soldier Summit ...