A quarter is one fourth, 1⁄4, 25%, or 0.25 and may refer to:
- Quarter (urban subdivision), a section or area, usually of a town
- Quarter (United States coin), valued at one-fourth of a U.S. dollar
- Quarter (Canadian coin), valued at one-fourth of a Canadian dollar
- Academic quarter (year division), a division of an academic year lasting from 8 to 12 weeks
- Academic quarter (class timing), term used by universities in various European countries for the 15 minutes between the defined start time for a lecture and the actual time it will start
- Fiscal quarter, one fourth (three months) of a fiscal year
- Quarter, imperial units equal to:
- 4 ounces (113 g), or one fourth of 1 pound (0.45 kg)
- 28 pounds (12.7 kg), or one fourth of 1 long hundredweight (112 lb or 50.8 kg)
- Quarter, South Lanarkshire, a small settlement in Scotland
Other articles related to "quarter":
... Losman were unstoppable in the first quarter, connecting for 205 yards and two 83-yard touchdowns ... Evans' first-quarter performance was a Buffalo record for a period and just shy of the NFL record for yards receiving in a quarter of 210 by Baltimore's Qadry Ismail in 1999 ... cut the lead to 14–7 with a 17-yard run in the first quarter ...
1st Quarter NYJ – FG Nugent 33, 630. 2nd Quarter CLE – Droughns 2 run (Dawson kick), 1000. 3rd Quarter CLE – Winslow II 30 pass from Frye (Dawson kick), 1116 ...
... dotted rhythm that consists of a series of quarter and eighth notes (quarter, eighth, quarter, (space/held briefly), quarter, eighth, quarter)… which is underscored most dramatically by the ...
... In the first quarter, the Dolphins' dominating day began with kicker Olindo Mare getting a 35-yard field goal in the first quarter, while also getting a 33-yard ... In the third quarter, Miami continued their hot day as QB Joey Harrington completed a 32-yard TD pass to WR Marty Booker for the only score of the period ... In the fourth quarter, RB Sammy Morris got a 3-yard TD run, which was followed up by a completed 2-point conversion pass from Harrington to Booker ...
... The castle in the first quarter comes from the symbol of the Crown of Castile, whereas the lion in the second quarter and the winged hand in the third are ... The three pinetrees and the pond in the fourth quarter refer to the Lagoon of Villena or the Fuente del Chopo, formerly big wealth sources for the city the first as a salt evaporation pond and the second as a source ... as certain polemic about the position of the second and third quarter ...
Famous quotes containing the word quarter:
“Like the water, the Walden ice, seen near at hand, has a green tint, but at a distance is beautifully blue, and you can easily tell it from the white ice of the river, or the merely greenish ice of some ponds, a quarter of a mile off.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“In the haunted house no quarter is given: in that respect
Its very much business as usual. The reductive principle
Is no longer there, or isnt enforced as much as before.”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)
“The most winning woman I ever knew was hanged for poisoning three little children for their insurance-money, and the most repellent man of my acquaintance is a philanthropist who has spent nearly a quarter of a million upon the London poor.”
—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (18591930)