Neighborhoods Of Pune
Until the mid-1970s, the city of Pune mainly consisted of Central and Inner Pune City. Since then, Pune has seen rapid and continued growth in terms of population and area, and many erstwhile villages surrounding the city, such as Baner and Warje, have become suburbs.
The city of Pune can be divided into the following zones:
- Central Pune: consisting of roughly seventeen peths, or neighborhoods. These were established and developed during the Maratha and Peshwa rule, and are referred to as the old city.
- Inner Pune: consisting of Deccan Gymkhana, Erandwane and Shivajinagar in the west, Camp, Dhole-Patil Road, and Koregaon Park in the east, and Swargate, Parvati, Mukundnagar, Maharshinagar, Gultekdi, and Salisbury Park in the South. On the north, the inner city is bounded by the Mula-Mutha river.
- Outer Pune: including the newer developed areas of Khadki, Aundh and Ganeshkhind in the northwest, Kothrud and Paud Road in the west, Dattawadi, Sinhgad Road,Panmala, Vitthalwadi, Sahakarnagar and Dhankawadi in the southwest, Bibvewadi, Lullanagar, and Upper Kondhwa in the southeast, Ghorpadi, Fatimanagar, Wanowrie and Hadapsar South in the east, and Vishrantwadi in the north.
- Suburbs: including Baner and Pashan in the northwest, Bavdhan and Warje in the west, Wadgaon Budruk, Dhayari and Ambegaon in the southwest, Katraj, Lower Kondhwa, Undri and Mohammedwadi in the southeast, Hadapsar North, Mundhwa, Daund in the east, and Manjri in the east, Wadgaon Sheri and Kharadi in the northeast, and Dhanori and Kalas in the north.
The Pune metropolitan area also includes the following areas, located roughly to the northwest of Pune city. These are administered by the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation.
- Pimpri and its surroundings: Chikhli, Kalewadi, Kasarwadi, Phugewadi, and PimpleSaudagar.
- Chinchwad and its surroundings: Thergaon, Tathawade, and Talawade.
- Sangvi and its surroundings: Dapodi, Wakad, Hinjawadi, Pimple Nilakh, and Pimple Gurav.
- Bhosari and its surroundings: Moshi, Dighi, Dudulgaon, and Charholi Budruk.
- Nigdi and its surroundings: Nigdi Pradhikaran, Ravet, and Akurdi.
Other articles related to "neighborhoods of pune, of pune, pune":
... Roads of Pune Peths in Pune Pune topics History Maratha Empire Sinhagad Shaniwar Wada Battle of Khadki Shivaji Baji Rao I Nanasaheb Peshwa Bal Gangadhar Tilak Pune Terror Attacks Civic ... Academy Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute Fergusson College University of Pune Film and Television Institute of India Sinhgad College of Engineering Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics ...