Volume Six (2007)
The sixth series of What If? continued the theme of the previous series of examining possible alternatives for major storylines.
- What If: Planet Hulk
- What if Caiera the Oldstrong had survived the destruction on Sakaar instead of Hulk?
- What if Hulk had landed on the planet the Illuminati had intended for him?
- What if Hulk had reverted back to Bruce Banner when he crashed on Sakaar?
- What If: Annihilation
- What if the Annihilation Wave reached Earth?
- What If: X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire
- What if Vulcan absorbed the energies of the M'Kraan Crystal and became Phoenix?
- What If: Civil War
- What if Captain America led all the heroes against the Registration Act?
- What if Iron Man lost the Civil War?
- What If: Spider-Man vs. Wolverine
- What if Spider-Man had remained in 1980s Russia after an accidental death?
The series was also due to feature What If?: The New Fantastic Four, which featured the "original" New Fantastic Four with Spider-Man, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Hulk teaming up, as seen in Fantastic Four #347-349 and 374. This story was halted due to the passing of artist Mike Wieringo, and was released as a 48-Page Special as a tribute in June 2008. All the issues of this run, aside from the New Fantastic Four, were later collected into a trade paperback simply entitled "What If? Civil War". The version of the "New" Fantastic Four is also erroneous, as the Ghost Rider of that time period had been Danny Ketch, not Johnny Blaze, who appears in the issue instead for unexplained reasons (in reality, Wieringo had drawn the wrong Ghost Rider in his initial pages by mistake and it was not noticed until after his death).
Read more about this topic: List Of What If Issues
Famous quotes containing the word volume:
“Thy commandment all alone shall live
Within the book and volume of my brain
Unmixed with baser matter.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)