- Aaron Black, Footballer
- Billy Brown, Musician
- Father Pat Buckley, Independent Catholic priest.
- Michael Gregory Campbell, Bishop of Lancster
- Dave Clements, Footballer and football manager.
- Fyfe Ewing, Musician, Drummer, formerly with rock band Therapy?
- Robert Ferguson, Disc jockey
- Keith Gillespie, Sheffield United and Northern Ireland midfielder.
- Mark Haggan, Businessman & Charity activist
- Richard Hayward, actor, singer and author
- Valerie Hobson, actress
- Jeff Hughes, Footballer
- Michael Hughes, Wimbledon and Coventry City footballer
- Valerie Lilley, actor from TV programmme Shameless
- Phillip Magee, The X Factor (UK series 2) finalist.
- Sir Ivan Magill, Anesthesiologist
- Dave McAuley, former IBF Flyweight world champion boxer.
- Bobby McKee, Democratic Unionist Party councillor and former Ulster Volunteer Force member.
- Jack McKee, Alderman and Veteran Loyalist politician and brother of Bobby.
- Michael McKeegan, Musician, with rock band Therapy?
- Amanda McKittrick Ros, author and poet taught at Millbrook National School in the 1880s.
- Eddie Mooney, Musician, with The Dakotas and The Fortunes.
- Hugh Nelson, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia (1830–1893).
- Robert Nelson, electronic music producer making up half of Agnelli & Nelson.
- Jonathan Rea, world superbike rider
- Keith Semple of One True Voice from the ITV series Popstars The Rivals.
- Harry Towb, Actor
Read more about this topic: Larne
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“Whatever good things people say of us, they tell us nothing new.”
—François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld (16131680)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)