- John Brown (artist) (1752–1787), Scottish artist
- John Crawford Brown (1805–1867), Scottish landscape painter
- John Lewis Brown (1829–1892), French battle, animal, and genre painter
- John George Brown (1831–1913), American painter born Durham, England
- John Appleton Brown (1844–1902), American painter
- John Arnesby Brown (1866–1955), English landscape artist
Read more about this topic: John Brown
Other articles related to "visual artists, artist, artists":
... The artist is now living and working in Vienna, Austria, is showing his paintings at successful exhibitions in a various of European countries and has a ...
... An avid collaborator, she regularly works with visual artists and musicians from other disciplines to create music for dance, theatre, film, opera and installations ... Natures, a collaboration with video artist Quayola and cellist Oliver Coates ... is a collaboration with British video artists Flat-E ...
Famous quotes containing the words artists and/or visual:
“The past is interesting not only for the beauty which the artists for whom it was the present were able to extract from it, but also as past, for its historical value. The same goes for the present. The pleasure which we derive from the representation of the present is due not only to the beauty in which it may be clothed, but also from its essential quality of being present.”
—Charles Baudelaire (18211867)
“To write well, to have style ... is to paint. The master faculty of style is therefore the visual memory. If a writer does not see what he describescountrysides and figures, movements and gestureshow could he have a style, that is originality?”
—Rémy De Gourmont (18581915)