- John Brown (American author) (born 1966), novelist and short story writer
- John Brown (architect), British architect in the 19th century
- John Brown (builder) (1809–1876), prolific Canadian builder best remembered for building Ontario's Imperial Towers
- John Brown (educator) (1763–1842), third president of the University of Georgia
- John Brown (fugitive slave) (c. 1810–1876), writer of Slave Life in Georgia: A Narrative of the Life, Sufferings and Escape of John Brown published in London, UK 1855
- Sir John Brown (industrialist) (1816–1896), UK inventor of a process for rolling armor-plate and founder of the Atlas steelworks, Sheffield Towers
- John A. Brown, Jr. (died 1997), American murderer executed in Louisiana for the murder of Omer Laughlin
- John Mason Brown (1900–1969), United States literary critic
- John Nicholas Brown II (1900–1979), heir of the Brown fortune and U.S. Assistant Secretary of the Navy (AIR) 1946–49
- John Robert Brown (judge) (1909–1993), member of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, noted for his key decisions in favor of civil rights
- John W. Brown (1867–1941), Canadian-born labor leader in the United States
- John W. Brown (set decorator), a set decorator who won an Academy Award
- John E. Brown (1879–1957), founder of John Brown University
- John Macmillan Brown, Scottish-New Zealand academic, administrator and promoter of education for women
- John Carter Brown (1797–1874), book collector
- John Crosby Brown (1838–1909), partner in Brown Bros. & Co.
- Sir John McLeavy Brown (1835–1926), British lawyer and diplomat
- John Gregory Brown (born 1960), American novelist
- John Seely Brown, researcher in organizational studies
Read more about this topic: John Brown
Other articles related to "people, other people":
... rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
1880–1958) Eddie Edwards (various people) Eleftherios Eleftheriou (born 1974), Cypriot footballer Francesco Franceschi (Italian printer, ca ... Vito Vitale (Sicilian mafioso, born 1959) William Williams (various people) Sonny Bill Williams aka Sonny William Williams (New Zealand rugby player and boxer, born 1985) ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“The only way to spend New Years Eve is either quietly with friends or in a brothel. Otherwise when the evening ends and people pair off, someone is bound to be left in tears.”
—W.H. (Wystan Hugh)
“Surrounded as we are by the wants and woes of our fellow-men, and yet given to follow our own pleasures, regardless of their pains, are we not like people sitting up with a corpse, and making merry in the house of the dead?”
—Herman Melville (18191891)