Fold or folding may refer to:
- Paper folding, the art of folding paper
- Book folding, in book production
- Skin fold, an area of skin that folds
- Fold (poker), in the game of poker, to discard one's hand and forfeit interest in the current pot
- Fold (album), the debut release by Australian rock band Epicure
- Fold (geology), one or a stack of originally flat and planar surfaces that are bent or curved as a result of plastic deformation
- Folding (chemistry), the process by which a molecule assumes its shape or conformation
- Protein folding, the physical process by which a polypeptide folds into its characteristic and functional three-dimensional structure
- Folding@home, a powerful distributed-computing project for simulating protein folding
- Folding (signal processing), an aspect of aliasing
- Folding (Dynkin diagram), a way of obtaining one Dynkin diagram from another
- Fold coverage, quality of a DNA sequence
- Polygon folding, or polyhedron folding
- Fold (higher-order function), a type of programming operation on data structures
- fold (Unix), a computer program used to wrap lines to fit in a specified width
- Folding editor, a text editor that supports text folding or code folding, allowing the user to hide and reveal blocks of text
- case folding is the conversion of letter case in a string
Other articles related to "folding":
... Origami (meaning literally "ori" folding "kami" paper) the Japanese art of paper folding dates back to antiquity ... The name Teabag folding was coined after Mrs van der Plas first set about folding the greetings cards ...
... protein), a protein that assists the non-covalent folding/unfolding in molecular biology Co-chaperone, a protein that assists a chaperone in protein folding and other functions Pharmacological chaperone, a small ...
... compact in fact, it is larger than many 20-and-16-inch (51 and 41 cm) wheel folding bicycles (such as those from Dahon) ... This feature, unique among folding bicycles, enables the tikit to fold easily in under five seconds ... Folding also reveals a special handle by which the tikit may be picked up and rolled about on one of its two wheels while in folded form ...
... Life with PlayStation also hosted an application for Folding@home, a distributed computing project for disease research that simulates protein folding and other molecular dynamics. 2006, Stanford University announced that a protein folding client would be available to run on the PS3 ... Gamers were able to contribute to the project by leaving their client to run Folding@home while not playing games ...
Famous quotes containing the word folding:
“Im folding up my little dreams
Within my heart tonight,
And praying I may soon forget
The torture of their sight.”
—Georgia Douglas Johnson (18861966)
“A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want, like an armed warrior.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Proverbs 6:10.
“Theres only one way for an individual to remain upright, not to fall to pieces, not to sink into the mire of self-oblivion ... or self-contempt. Thats calmly to turn away from everything, to say, Enough! and, folding ones useless arms across ones empty breast, to retain the ultimate, the sole attainable virtue, the virtue of recognizing ones own insignificance.”
—Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev (18181883)