- A large concrete masonry unit
- A solid piece of a hard substance, such as wood, upon which persons are beheaded, e.g.: The charges that led Sir Walter Raleigh to the block in 1618.
- Tower block, a high rise multi-unit building
- Block (sailing), a single or multiple pulley used on sailboats
- Cylinder block, the main part of an internal combustion engine
- Toy block, one of a set of wooden or plastic pieces of various shapes
- Unit block a type of standardized wooden toy block for children
- Freewheel, a set of rear sprockets that attaches to a hub on the rear wheel
- Wood block a small piece of slit drum made from a single piece of wood and used as a percussion instrument
- Hat block a wooden block carved into the shape of a hat by a craftsman known as a block shaper
- Postage stamp block, an attached group of postage stamps
Read more about this topic: Block
Other articles related to "object, objects":
... OTELO (OSIRIS Tunable Emission Line Object survey) is an emission line object survey using OSIRIS tunable filters in selected atmospheric windows relatively free of sky emission lines ... (8 zW/m² or 9×10−24 hp/yd²) allows detecting objects of equivalent widths down to 6 ... OTELO will observe objects with an age equivalent to 10% of the age of the Universe ...
... Artifact (archaeology), an object formed by humans, particularly one of interest to archaeologists Artifact (software development), one of many kinds of tangible byproducts produced ...
... Over the last few hundred years, the number of identified astronomical objects has risen from hundreds to over a billion, and more are discovered every year ... universal systematic designations to unambiguously identify all of these objects using astronomical naming conventions, while assigning names to the most interesting objects and, where ...
... The objective of video tracking is to associate target objects in consecutive video frames ... The association can be especially difficult when the objects are moving fast relative to the frame rate ... of the problem is when the tracked object changes orientation over time ...
... way of deriving a concept hierarchy or formal ontology from a collection of objects and their properties ... Each concept in the hierarchy represents the set of objects sharing the same values for a certain set of properties and each sub-concept in the hierarchy contains a subset of the objects in the concepts ...
Famous quotes containing the word objects:
“Consciousness, we shall find, is reducible to relations between objects, and objects we shall find to be reducible to relations between different states of consciousness; and neither point of view is more nearly ultimate than the other.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)
“Women have seldom sufficient employment to silence their feelings; a round of little cares, or vain pursuits frittering away all strength of mind and organs, they become naturally only objects of sense.”
—Mary Wollstonecraft (17591797)
“I was afraid that by observing objects with my eyes and trying to comprehend them with each of my other senses I might blind my soul altogether.”
—Socrates (469399 B.C.)