- Transmission (album), the fourth album by the Canadian band The Tea Party
- Transmission (band), an experimental/post-rock band based in the United Kingdom
- Transmission (film), a 2009 film
- Transmission (magazine), a literary magazine based in the UK
- Transmission (record label) a record label set by British rock band Porcupine Tree
- "Transmission" (song), a song by post-punk band Joy Division
- Transmission (TV series), a British music television programme shown in the UK
- Transmissions (album), the first album by trance musicians Juno Reactor
- Transmissions (Cold War Kids EP), an album by indie rock band Cold War Kids
- Transmission Communications, a record label
Read more about this topic: Transmission
Other articles related to "media":
... In January, 2009, the National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC), a not for profit organization with a mission to improve the image of American Latinos as portrayed by the media, unveiled a three ... The petition urges the Commission to examine the extent and effects of hate speech in media, including the likely link between hate speech and hate crimes, and to explore non-regulatory ... filed comments in the FCC’s proceeding on the Future of Media and Information Needs of Communities in the Digital Age ...
... The daily, local newspaper is The Gold Coast Bulletin which is published by News Corporation ... Newspapers from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Northern NSW towns such as Tweed Heads and Lismore are also available ...
... Link to actual article Macau has reportedly the highest "media density" in the world - nine Chinese-language dailies, three Portuguese-language dailies, two English-languag ... Ignite Media Group is the enclave's most dominant media company ...
4oD is available on Virgin Media's cable television service ... In 2007, Virgin Media announced plans to offer high definition programming through 4oD but as of 2012 no further information has been released ...
Famous quotes containing the word media:
“The question confronting the Church today is not any longer whether the man in the street can grasp a religious message, but how to employ the communications media so as to let him have the full impact of the Gospel message.”
—Pope John Paul II (b. 1920)
“The media network has its idols, but its principal idol is its own style which generates an aura of winning and leaves the rest in darkness. It recognises neither pity nor pitilessness.”
—John Berger (b. 1926)
“Never before has a generation of parents faced such awesome competition with the mass media for their childrens attention. While parents tout the virtues of premarital virginity, drug-free living, nonviolent resolution of social conflict, or character over physical appearance, their values are daily challenged by television soaps, rock music lyrics, tabloid headlines, and movie scenes extolling the importance of physical appearance and conformity.”
—Marianne E. Neifert (20th century)