Siamese most commonly refer to:
- The Thai language
- The Thai people
- Someone or something from Thailand: see Siam (disambiguation)
- Siamese (cat)
- Siamese twins
- Siamese Crocodile
- Siamese mud carp
- Siamese algae eater, a species of freshwater fish in the carp family, Cyprinidae.
- Siamese fighting fish, a species of fish from genus Betta.
- Siamese Fireback, a national bird of Thailand.
- Siamese tigerfish
Siamese may also refer to:
- Siamese Dream, a 1993 music album by The Smashing Pumpkins
- Siamesing (engineering), the practice, whose name is derived from siamese twins, of combining two devices (such as cylinder ports or cooling jackets) together into a closely coupled pair, so as to save space between them.
Other articles related to "siamese":
... The Siege of Bangkok was a key event of the Siamese revolution of 1688, in which the Siamese people ousted the French from Siam ... king Narai was replaced by Phetracha, Siamese troops besieged the French fortress in Bangkok for four months ... The Siamese were able to muster about 40,000 troops, equipped with cannon, against the entrenched 200 French troops, but the military confrontation proved inconclusive ...
... Successive Burmese and Siamese interventions involved Vientiane and Louangphrabang in internecine struggles ... The Siamese captured Vientiane for the first time in 1778-79, when it became a vassal state to Siam ... imprudent attempt by its ruler, Chao Anou, to retaliate against perceived Siamese injustices toward the Lao ...
... Second Anglo-Burmese War started, the Siamese viewed it as their opportunity to take over the trans-Salween states ... thousand infantry troops from the Mone (Mong Nai) garrison to relieve the Siamese siege of Kengtung ... With the troops by Kenghung sawbwa, the Burmese eventually drove out the Siamese but only after heavy loss of life ...
... Datnioides pulcher, also called Siamese tigerfish and finescale tigerfish, is an Asian freshwater fish native to the Chao Phraya basin, the Mekong basin(for ST), and to Sumatra and Borneo in Indonesia(for indo tiger ... Datnioides Pulcher is the siamese tiger fish, or wide bar datnoid ... ST or siamese tiger fish within the aquarium hobby is the Datnioides pulcher ...
Famous quotes containing the word siamese:
“Your rat tail is all the fashion now. I prefer a bushy plume, carried straight up. You are Siamese and your ancestors lived in trees. Mine lived in palaces. It has been suggested to me that I am a bit of a snob. How true! I prefer to be.”
—Raymond Chandler (18881959)
“Constant togetherness is finebut only for Siamese twins.”
—Victoria Billings (b. 1945)