- Alan Ridley, Rugby league player who played for Western Suburb
- Alice Tan Ridley (b.1952), gospel and R&B singer
- Arnold Ridley (1896–1984), English actor
- David Ridley (b.1954), English cricketer
- F. A. Ridley (1897–1994), British marxist, secularist, and writer
- George Ridley (Labour politician) (1886–1944), British Member of Parliament for Clay Cross 1936–1944
- George Ridley (Liberal politician) (1818–1887), British Member of Parliament for Newcastle-upon-Tyne 1936–1944
- Greg Ridley (1947–2003), English rock bassist
- Harold Ridley (Jesuit) (1939–2005), President of Loyola College, Maryland (1994–2005)
- Harold Ridley (ophthalmologist) (1906–2001), English ophthalmologist
- Henry Nicholas Ridley (1855–1956), English botanist
- Ian Ridley (1934–2008), Australian rules footballer
- Jack Ridley (engineer) (1919–2006), New Zealand civil engineer and politician
- Jack Ridley (pilot) (1915–1957), Colonel in the USAF
- Jasper Ridley (1920–2004), British writer known for historical biographies
- John Ridley (b.1965), American film director, actor, and writer
- John Ridley (footballer) (b.1952), English soccer player
- John Ridley (inventor) (1806–1887), best known for "Ridley's Stripper"
- John S. Ridley, Canadian politician
- Lancelot Ridley divinity rector of Stretham and father of Mark Ridley,
- Malcolm Ridley, actor & writer
- Mark Ridley (physician) (1560–1624), English physician and mathematician
- Mark Ridley (zoologist) (born 1956), English zoologist
- Matt Ridley (b.1958), British science writer, financier
- Matthew Ridley, 1st Viscount Ridley
- Maurice Roy Ridley (1890-1969), academic, writer and poet
- Mike Ridley (b.1963), Ice hockey centre
- Nicholas Ridley (martyr) (died 1555), English bishop
- Nicholas Ridley, Baron Ridley of Liddesdale (1929–1993), British politician
- Philip Ridley (b.1967), British artist working with various media
- Yvonne Ridley (b.1959), English journalist
- Given name
- Ridley Jacobs (b.1967), West Indian cricketer
- Ridley Pakenham-Walsh (1888–1966), British General
- Ridley Scott (b.1937), English-born film director
- Viscount Ridley, a title created in 1900 for Matthew Ridley, 1st Viscount Ridley
Read more about this topic: Ridley
Other articles related to "people":
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was somebody, even if ... was a kid, no one would believe anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or ...
... the Owens Valley for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 people (11.8 ...
... Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“You must drop all your democracy. You must not believe in the people. One class is no better than another. It must be a case of Wisdom, or Truth. Let the working classes be working classes. That is the truth. There must be an aristocracy of people who have wisdom, and there must be a Ruler: a Kaiser: no Presidents and democracies.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“The glory of a king is a multitude of people; without people a prince is ruined.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Proverbs 14:28.
“America is the civilization of people engaged in transforming themselves. In the past, the stars of the performance were the pioneer and the immigrant. Today, it is youth and the Black.”
—Harold Rosenberg (19061978)