Renew or renewal may refer to:
- Urban renewal, a function of urban planning
- Renewal theory, a branch of probability theory
- Renewal (film), a 2008 documentary on the religious environmental movement
- Renewal (magazine), a journal of Labour politics (UK)
- Renewal (law), the act of renewing an expiring law or act
- Renewal (learning theory), a phenomenon in which learned fear returns after being extinguished in a different context to where the original fear learning
- Renewal (religion), collective term for the charismatic, Pentecostal and neo-charismatic churches
- Jewish Renewal, a movement in Judaism
- Catholic Charismatic Renewal, a movement in the Roman Catholic Church
- Renewal, also known as Remise (fencing)
- Renewal (album), an album by the thrash metal band Kreator
- "Renewal", a song by Norwegian Black Metal band Dimmu Borgir from their album Abrahadabra
- Renewal Christian Centre, a British megachurch in Solihull
- Renewal Batteries, a type of rechargeable alkaline batteries made by Rayovac
- Copyright renewal, the act of renewing copyright
- Renewal (live roleplaying game), a Live Roleplaying campaign run by Curious Pastimes
- Renewal (parliamentary procedure) – bringing up a motion again that has already been disposed of by the deliberative assembly
- "Renewal", an episode of the sixth season of TV series Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Ruin/Renewal, an American rock band
- ReNEW Schools, a New Orleans charter school operator
Other articles related to "renewal":
... The Art Renewal Center (ARC) is an organization led by New Jersey millionaire, businessman, and art collector Fred Ross dedicated to the promotion of what it terms classical ... nonprofit educational foundation dedicated to the renewal of classical training and the re-appreciation of traditional art ...
... Leeds eventually returned under the stewardship of Howard Wilkinson in 1990 with a newly strengthened squad that had finished as Second Division Champions ... The first two seasons after Leeds won promotion brought draws between the two sides in all four league meetings, though Manchester United triumphed over the Yorkshire side in League Cup and FA Cup ties during that time ...
... The Serbian National Renewal (Srpska narodna obnova) was the first Serbian nationalist political party founded in the country ... formed the Serbian Radical Party and Drašković formed the Serbian Renewal Movement ...
... After two decades the city facilitated the creation of HTO Park West in 2007 and thus completed the revitalization of the entire site. ...
... "mercenaries." The factions average about 100 in size at Renewal (i.e. 1/8 of the average Renewal turnout of 800), but are presumed to govern (or at least represent) populations in the hundreds of thousands, appropriate to those of equivalent pre-Industrial states ... several of them stage small-scale "sanctioned" events set in the Renewal continuity ...
Famous quotes containing the word renewal:
“My hope is ... that we may recover ... something of a renewal of that vision of the law with which men may be supposed to have started out with in the old days of the oracles, who communed with the intimations of divinity.”
—Woodrow Wilson (18561924)
“Surrealism is not a school of poetry but a movement of liberation.... A way of rediscovering the language of innocence, a renewal of the primordial pact, poetry is the basic text, the foundation of the human order. Surrealism is revolutionary because it is a return to the beginning of all beginnings.”
—Octavio Paz (b. 1914)
“There must be no cessation
Of motion, or of the noise of motion,
The renewal of noise
And manifold continuation....”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)