Port Arthur may refer to:
- Port Arthur naval base in Manchuria, now called Lüshunkou
- Port Arthur, Tasmania (Australia), the site of a historic convict settlement
- Port Arthur massacre (Australia), which occurred in Port Arthur, Tasmania in 1996
- United States
- Port Arthur, Texas, a city in the United States
- Port Arthur, Wisconsin, an unincorporated community
- Port Arthur, Ontario (Canada), a former city, now a part of Thunder Bay
- Port Arthur (electoral district) (Canada),
- VIII District, Turku (Finland), aka Port Arthur, a district in Turku
- Port Arthur, BattleTech Universe's fictional planet
Other articles related to "port arthur":
... They participated in the Battle of Port Arthur on 9 February 1904 when Admiral Tōgō Heihachirō led the 1st Fleet in an attack on the Russian ships of the Pacific Squadron anchored just outside of ... spotted the five battleships of the 1st Division, they turned back for Port Arthur and the battleship Petropavlovsk struck a minefield laid by the Japanese the previous night ... Tatsuta put to sea to relieve the Japanese blockading force off Port Arthur ...
1 January 26 ... March 1973 Ottawa Transportation Commission Ottawa 15 December 27 ... June 1959 Port Arthur Transit Port Arthur 1970 ... see Thunder Bay ... Thunder Bay Transit Thunder Bay 15 December 16 ... July 1972 Fort William and Port Arthur merged to form Thunder Bay from 31 December 1969 ...
... She was present at the Battle of Port Arthur where she was torpedoed by Japanese destroyers, ran aground and later repaired ... the Battle of the Yellow Sea, she became trapped in Port Arthur and sunk at her moorings by Japanese army artillery on 6 December 1904, during the Siege of Port Arthur ...
... The Port Arthur, Duluth and Western Railway (PADW) is a defunct Canadian railway that operated in Northwestern Ontario ... The line originated at Port Arthur in the east, ran through Fort William and onward to the Canada-United States border ...
... Lakeview is within the Port Arthur Independent School District. ...
Famous quotes containing the words arthur and/or port:
“I can never bring you to realize the importance of sleeves, the suggestiveness of thumb-nails, or the great issues that may hang from a boot-lace.”
—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (18591930)
“It is by a mathematical point only that we are wise, as the sailor or the fugitive slave keeps the polestar in his eye; but that is sufficient guidance for all our life. We may not arrive at our port within a calculable period, but we would preserve the true course.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)