Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series II
- Volume I. Eusebius: Church History from A.D. 1-324, Life of Constantine the Great, Oration in Praise of Constantine
- Volume II. Socrates: Church History from A.D. 305-438; Sozomenus: Church History from A.D. 323-425
- Volume III. Theodoret, Jerome and Gennadius, Rufinus and Jerome
- Volume IV. Athanasius: Select Writings and Letters
- Volume V. Gregory of Nyssa: Dogmatic Treatises; Select Writings and Letters
- Volume VI. Jerome: Letters and Select Works
- Letters. The Life of Paulus the First Hermit. The Life of S. Hilarion. The Life of Malchus, the Captive Monk. The Dialogue Against the Luciferians. The Perpetual Virginity of Blessed Mary. Against Jovinianus. Against Vigilantius. To Pammachius Against John of Jerusalem. Against the Pelagians. Prefaces. Translations from the Septuagint and Chaldee. The Commentaries.
- Volume VII. Cyril of Jerusalem, Gregory Nazianzen
- Volume VIII. Basil: Letters and Select Works
- Volume IX. Hilary of Poitiers, John of Damascus
- Volume X. Ambrose: Select Works and Letters
- On the Duties of the Clergy. On the Holy Spirit. On the Decease of His Brother Saytrus. Exposition of the Christian Faith. On the Mysteries. Concerning Repentance. Concerning Virgins. Concerning Widows. Selections from the Letters of St. Ambrose. Memorial of Symmachus, Prefect of the City. Sermon Against Auxentius on the Giving Up of the Basilicas.
- Volume XI. Sulpicius Severus, Vincent of Lerins, John Cassian
- Volume XII. Leo the Great, Gregory the Great
- Volume XIII. Gregory the Great II, Ephraim Syrus, Aphrahat
- Volume XIV. The Seven Ecumenical Councils
See also the Ante-Nicene Fathers.
Read more about this topic: Nicene And Post-Nicene Fathers
Other articles related to "ii":
... Latin Arethas Caesarea 914 Greek Aristides Athens 150 (II) Greek Arius Alexandria 336 Greek Arnobius Gaul 460 Latin Athanasius Alexandria 373 Greek ...
... Some early Church fathers, like Origen were preoccupied with the body and its impediments ... The theology of early Church fathers focused on the body in terms of its origin, condition before the fall and destination and relation to the soul ...
... The Council was convened by Pope Pius IX in 1869 and had to be prematurely interrupted in 1870 because of advancing Italian troops ... In the short time, it issued definitions of the Catholic faith, the papacy and the infallibility of the Pope ...
Famous quotes containing the word series:
“I thought I never wanted to be a father. A child seemed to be a series of limitations and responsibilities that offered no reward. But when I experienced the perfection of fatherhood, the rest of the world remade itself before my eyes.”
—Kent Nerburn (20th century)