Organizations, Associations, and Institutions
- Indian Rationalist Association, a member of the Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations
- Indian Rights Association, an advocacy and lobbyist group for the rights of Native Americans
- Intercollegiate Rowing Association, the national championship for USA men's collegiate rowing
- International Reading Association, a membership organisation of literacy professionals
- Íslenskir Radíóamatörar, an amateur radio organization in Iceland
- Inverness Royal Academy, a secondary school in Scotland
- Islamabad Rugby Association
Read more about this topic: Ira
Other related articles:
... This agreement saw the resolution of an impasse whereby the Vatican had refused to recognise the Associations Cultuelles voted in the 1905 legislation in the spirit of the 1901 Loi sur les Associations and accepted by the Jewish and Protestant religious bodies ... The agreement made possible the forming of Associations Diocésaines with members appointed by the bishops ...
... The Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra began as the "Ridgefield Symphonette" in 1965 with 20 players, only a third of them professionals ... It became fully professional by the end of the decade and today has 75 musicians and draws soloists of international reputation ...
... Groups who practice adornment include the Yakuza, military, religious institutions, tribal groups, and the punk culture. ...
Famous quotes containing the word institutions:
“The only justification for repressive institutions is material and cultural deficit. But such institutions, at certain stages of history, perpetuate and produce such a deficit, and even threaten human survival.”
—Noam Chomsky (b. 1928)