A home page or index page has various related meanings to do with websites. It can be used to refer to:
- When the user first opens their web browser, it automatically brings you to this page, which is also sometimes called the start page.
- It most often refers to the initial or main web page of a web site, sometimes called the "front page" (by analogy with newspapers).
- The web page or local file that automatically loads when a web browser starts or when the browser's "home" button is pressed; this is also called a "home page". The user can specify the URL of the page to be loaded, or alternatively choose e.g. to re-load the most recent web page browsed.
- A personal web page, for example at a web hosting service or a university web site, that typically is stored in the home directory of the user.
- In the 1990s the term was also used to refer to a whole web site, particularly a personal web site (perhaps because simple web sites often consisted of just one web page).
A home page can also be used outside the context of web sites, such as to refer to the principal screen of a user interface, which is also referred to as a home screen on mobile devices such as cell phones. URL are one way to track down websites like Google and Yahoo! which are set as "common Homepages"
Other articles related to "home page, pages, home pages, page":
... Cumulus Media Networks) ESPN Radio Radio Disney Envision Radio Networks First Amendment Radio FAR home page Fox Sports Radio Fox News Radio Genesis Communications Network GCN home page ...
... Most Web sites are organized hierarchically, with a home page at the top and deeper pages within the site, reached by links on the home page ... users to enter their Web sites from the home pages, so that they are exposed to advertising messages ... The term refers to using a hyperlink that takes a user directly to a page other than the top or home page ...
... Bahamas Faith Ministry International home page Myles Munroe International home page Myles Munroe Official Facebook home page Myles Munroe Official Twitter ...
... Home Page was a technology television that aired show on CablePulse 24, hosted by Omar Sachedina ... Jee-Yun Lee once again resigned from Home Page in 2009 and was replaced by Omar Sachedina ... CTV announced that Home Page would end with its last broadcast on October 7, 2009, and therefore being replaced by new show, Webnation effective October 14, 2009 ...
Famous quotes containing the words page and/or home:
“So will my page be colored that I write?
Being me, it will not be white.
But it will be
a part of you, instructor.
You are white
yet a part of me, as I am a part of you.”
—Langston Hughes (19021967)
“Let those who go home tell the same story of you:
Of action with a common purpose, action
None the less fruitful if neither you nor we
Know, until the moment after death
What is the fruit of action.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)