1) (Vacant), Bishop and Abbot of the Monastery of Saint George in El Rozaiquat, Central Egypt.
2) (Vacant), Bishop and Abbot of the Monastery of Saint Anthony the Great in Barstow, California, United States. (Vacant after the death of Bishop Karas in 2002)
3) (Vacant), Metropolitan Archbishop of the Holy Metropolis of Toulon and all France; Primate of The French Coptic Orthodox Church. (Vacant after the death of Metropolitan Markos (Marcus) in 2008)
4) (Vacant), Auxiliary Bishop for the Suffragan Diocese of El Mataria, Ain Shams and Ezbet El Nakhl in the Holy Archdiocese of Cairo (Arcadia Ægypti), assistant to the Pope.
5) (Vacant), Diocesan Bishop of the Holy Diocese of Al Sharqiyah and of the 10th of Ramadan City, being also the Titular Bishop of the Titular and Holy Suffragan Dioceses of (Thmuis), (Fakus) and of (Tanis). (Vacant after the death of Bishop Angelos in 2011)
6) (Vacant), Metropolitan Archbishop of the Holy and Great Archdiocese and Metropolis of Giza (Memphis) that comprises the Titular and the Holy Suffragan Diocese of (Busiris) and the Titular and the Holy Suffragan Diocese of Atfih (Aphroditopolis). (Vacant after the death of Metropolitan Domadios (Dometios) in 2011)
Famous quotes containing the words abbey, vacant and/or metropolis:
“The Abbey always reminds me of that old toast, Above lofty timbers, the walls around are bare, echoing to our laughter, as though the dead were there.”
—Garrett Fort (19001945)
“I fairly confess that, acting as nature and simplicity dictated, no sooner did I see the once loved bosom of my Ferdinand free from those deformed demons which had crept in and filled up the vacant space, than beholding my natural home once more the seat of innocence and truth, my heart joyfully danced into its delightful abode.”
—Sarah Fielding (17101768)
“New York ... is a city of geometric heights, a petrified desert of grids and lattices, an inferno of greenish abstraction under a flat sky, a real Metropolis from which man is absent by his very accumulation.”
—Roland Barthes (19151980)