- Central African Republic
- Haute-Kotto, one of the 14 prefectures of the Central African Republic
- Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, a French department in the south of France
- Haute-Provence Observatory, established in 1937 as a national facility for French astronomers
- Haute-Corse, a French department, constituting the northern part of the island of Corsica
- Haute-Garonne, a department in the southwest of France named after the Garonne river
- Haute-Loire, a department in south-central France named after the Loire River
- Haute-Marne, a department in the northeast of France named after the Marne River
- Haute-Normandie (Upper Normandy), one of the 26 regions of France, created in 1956, when Normandy was divided
- Haute-Saône, a French department, named after the Saône River
- Category:Communes of Haute-Saône
- Haute-Savoie (English: "Upper Savoy"), French department, named for its location in the Alps mountain range
- Haute-Vienne, a French department named after the Vienne River
- Terre Haute, Indiana, a city in Vigo County
- Category:Terre Haute, Indiana
- Terre Haute International Airport, a public airport located 5 miles (8 km) east of the city of Terre Haute
- West Terre Haute, Indiana, a town in Vigo County, Indiana, on the western side of the Wabash River
- Terre Haute, IN Metropolitan Statistical Area, a Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in the United States
Read more about this topic: Haute
Other articles related to "places, place":
... and is free of charge Whittier is the home to the following places listed in the National Register of Historic Places Pio Pico House, 6003 Pioneer Blvd ...
... Three nations had four places, five nations had three places, thirteen nations had two places, and eleven nations only one place ...
... The route of the Yorkshire Wolds Way passes close to or through the following places Hessle North Ferriby Melton Welton Brantingham South Cave North Newbald Goodmanham Market ...
... Darling House Museum - added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 Woodbridge Green Historic District - added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2003 ...
... For a full list of tourist attractions and places of interest see Places of interest in Buckinghamshire ...
Famous quotes containing the word places:
“The sense of place is unavoidable in western Dakota, and maybe thats our gift to the world. ...In these places you wait, and the places mold you.”
—Kathleen Norris (b. 1947)
“[University students] hated the hypocrisy of adult society, the rigidity of its political institutions, the impersonality of its bureaucracies. They sought to create a society that places human values before materialistic ones, that has a little less head and a little more heart, that is dominated by self-interest and loves its neighbor more. And they were persuaded that group protest of a militant nature would advance those goals.”
—Muriel Beadle (b. 1915)
“The most common error made in matters of appearance is the belief that one should disdain the superficial and let the true beauty of ones soul shine through. If there are places on your body where this is a possibility, you are not attractiveyou are leaking.”
—Fran Lebowitz (b. 1951)