This locomotive is currently homed at seven sheds in the Indian Railways, spread across the country which are Hubli (Code:UBL) and Krishnarajapuram (Code:KJM) in the South Western Railway zone, Golden Rock (code:GOC) in the Southern Railway Zone, Siliguri (Code:SGUJ) in the Northeast Frontier Railway zone, Bhagat ki Kothi (Code:BGKT) in the North Western Railway zone, Itarsi Junction (Code:ET) in the West Central Railway and Tughlakabad (Code:TKD) of the Northern Railway.
The Hubli is the parent shed of all the EMD sheds in India and currently homes locos with following road numbers
- WDP-4: 20005–20009, 20020, 20026, 20035 and 20065.
- WDP-4B: 40007–40009, 40036, 40046 and 40054–40057
The Krishnarajapuram diesel locomotive shed currently homes these locos with the following road numbers
- WDP-4: 20019, 20021–20025, 20027–20034, 20036–20046, 20053–20060, 20062, 20067 and 20068
- WDP-4B: 40010, 40015, 40016, 40017, 40018, 40065 and 40066.
- Golden Rock
The Golden Rock homes the following:
- WDP-4B: 40063,40064,40067,40068,40075,40077
- WDP-4D: 40093
Siliguri homes the following:
- WDP-4: 20000–20004, 20011–20018, 20048–20052, 20061, 20063–20064, 20066, 20069– 20074, 20075, 20076, 20079, 20081–20085, 20094
- WDP-4B: 20047, 20075, 40022–40025, 40028, 40029, 40032, 40035, 40037, 40045
- WDP-4D: 40089–40091
- Bhagat ki Kothi
Bhagat ki Kothi homes
- WDP-4: 20085–20099, 20080, 20077, 20078 which are nicknamed 'Aravali' (named after the mountain ranges).
- WDP-4B: 40027, 40030, 40031, 40033, 40034, 40038–40040, 40043, 40044, 40060
- WDP-4D: 40088,40092
- WDP-4B: 40001, 40003–40006, 40011–40013, 40019–40021, 40049–40051, 40058, 40059
Itarsi (Code: ET) shed homes:
- WDP-4B: 40041, 40042, 40047, 40048 and 40052, 40053, 40061 and 40062.
In the near future, most Diesel Locomotive sheds of the Indian Railways are expected to home the WDP-4B and WDP-4D class locos.
Read more about this topic: EMD GT46PAC
Other articles related to "sheds, shed":
... The port has transit sheds with 258,500 m2 (2,782,000 sq ft) of storage space, two overland distribution sheds totalling 13,870 m2 (149,300 sq ft), and two ...
... finish any unfinished tasks (which largely amounted to painting the shed in their colors) ... Jill wherever necessary, so as to give everyone completed sheds ... Much of the remaining work is painting the sheds and putting a sign on their sheds ...
... Code Dates Shed Comments 60 Inverness 60A 1950–1973 Inverness Sub-sheds Dingwall (to 1962), Fortrose (to 1951), Kyle of Lochalsh (to 1962) Became IS 60B 1950–1966 ... reopened, became DE 62C 1950–1966 Dunfermline Sub-sheds, Alloa (to 1967), Inverkeithing (to ?), Kelty (to c.1955), Loch Leven (to 1951) Became DT 63 Perth 63A 1950–1969 Perth Sub-sheds Aberfeldy (to ... Margarets (Edinburgh) Sub-sheds Dunbar (to 1963), Galashiels (to c.1962), Hardengreen (to ?), Leith Central (1955 to 1959), Longniddry (to ?), North Berwick (to ...
... Storage buildings Storage sheds Garden sheds Extension kits and accessories. ...
... Although the station building has been demolished the large stone-built goods shed remains, as does the goods platform, the former being under the care of the local heritage trust ...
Famous quotes containing the word sheds:
“We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he neer so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition.
And gentlemen in England now abed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispins day.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“One sheds ones sicknesses in booksrepeats and presents again ones emotions, to be master of them.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“That you are fair or wise is vain,
Or strong, or rich, or generous;
You must have also the untaught strain
That sheds beauty on the rose.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)