Articles concerning Divide include:
- Drainage divide or watershed, a ridge of land between two drainage basins
- Continental divide, a water divide between the drainage of two oceans
- Continental Divide, the North American divide between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans
- Divide, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Divide, Colorado, USA
- Divide County, North Dakota, USA
- Triple Divide Peak, in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA
- Great Divide Basin, in Wyoming, USA
- Divide, Lane County, Oregon
- Divide, Wallowa County, Oregon
- Division (mathematics)
- Divide and conquer algorithm, in computer science
- Divide-and-conquer eigenvalue algorithm, a concept in the linear algebra branch of mathematics
In popular culture:
- Divide, song by American hard rock band Disturbed
- Divide and rule, a strategy of gaining and maintaining power
- Digital divide, the socio-economic difference between communities in their access to computers and the Internet
- North-South divide, between wealthy developed countries and poorer developing countries
- Cultural divide
- Mercedes divide, separating those who can afford a Mercedes-Benz car from those who cannot
Other articles related to "divide":
... Divide, like so many other small communities throughout Saskatchewan, has struggled to maintain a sturdy population causing it to become a ghost town ... In 2001 Divide had a population of 0 living in 0 dwellings, a 0% increase from 1996 ...
... Episode Number Episode Name Broadcast Date 1 Divide By Two 24 February 2 ... Divide By Four 3 March 3 ... Divide By Ten 10 March 4 ... Divide By Five 17 March 5 ... Divide By ...
... ethical issues of the Freedom of Information is what is known as the digital divide ... This refers to the unequal socio-economic divide between those who have access to digital and information technology such as cyberspace and those who have limited or no access at all ... between countries or regions of the world is called the global digital divide ...
... Continental divide can mean continental divide, a drainage divide separating drainage basins that feed into different oceans Continental Divide of the Americas, which separates Pacific-feeding basins from ...
... A continental divide is a drainage divide on a continent such that the drainage basin on one side of the divide feeds into one ocean or sea, and the basin on the other ... The endpoints where a continental divide meets the coast are not always definite, because the exact border between adjacent bodies of water is usually not clearly defined ... Where a continental divide meets an endorheic basin, such as the Great Divide Basin of Wyoming, the continental divide splits and encircles the basin ...
Famous quotes containing the word divide:
“To divide ones life by years is of course to tumble into a trap set by our own arithmetic. The calendar consents to carry on its dull wall-existence by the arbitrary timetables we have drawn up in consultation with those permanent commuters, Earth and Sun. But we, unlike trees, need grow no annual rings.”
—Clifton Fadiman (b. 1904)
“We may divide characters into flat and round.”
—E.M. (Edward Morgan)
“Whatever else may divide us, Europe is our common home; a common fate has linked us through the centuries, and it continues to link us today.”
—Leonid Brezhnev (19061982)