- Development studies, social science which addresses issues of concern to developing countries
- Development geography, geography with reference to the standard of living and quality of life of human inhabitants
- Developmental psychology, the scientific study of systematic psychological, emotional, and perception changes over life spans
- Community development, the practices and academic disciplines to improve various aspects of local communities
- Sociocultural evolution, how cultures and societies have changed over time
- Economic development, the economic aspect of social change
- Human development (humanity), an international and economic development paradigm
- Human development theory, a theory that merges older ideas from ecological economics, sustainable development, welfare economics, and feminist economics
- Rural development, actions and initiatives taken to improve the standard of living in non-Urban neighborhoods, countryside, and remote villages
- Social development, processes of change in societies
- Sustainable development, a pattern of resources use, that aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment
Read more about this topic: Development
Other articles related to "social science, social sciences, science":
... Most universities offer degrees in social science fields ... The Bachelor of Social Science is a degree targeted at the social sciences in particular ... is often more flexible and in-depth than other degrees which include social science subjects ...
... The Stein Rokkan Prize for Comparative Social Science Research is an academic honour awarded by the International Social Science Council (ISSC), the University of Bergen and the European ... and original contributions in comparative social science research" ...
... Award and honorary LLD from Mills College, Toward a Science of Mankind and Secret of Culture, spouse of Indian Affairs Commissioner John Collier (reformer) (scholar.google ... Government at Harvard, Professor of Political Science at Duke and Johns Hopkins, fifteen books of science fiction, five nonfiction works including Psychological Warfare, Bronze Star, Army Major, helped form Office ... Rossell (UCLA) — Endowed Professor of Political Science, Boston University, five books including School Desegregation in the 21st Century (scholar.goog ...
Famous quotes containing the words science and/or social:
“Science is facts. Just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts. But a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.”
—Jules Henri Poincare (18541912)
“[In early adolescence] she becomes acutely aware of herself as a being perceived by others, judged by others, though she herself is the harshest judge, quick to list her physical flaws, quick to undervalue and under-rate herself not only in terms of physical appearance but across a wide range of talents, capacities and even social status, whereas boys of the same age will cite their abilities, their talents and their social status pretty accurately.”
—Terri Apter (20th century)