Deposit may refer to:
- Deposit (finance)
- Deposit (town), New York
- Deposit (village), New York
- Deposit account, a bank account that allows money to be deposited and withdrawn by the account holder
- Demand deposit, the funds held in demand deposit accounts in commercial banks
- Damage deposit, a sum of money paid in relation to a rented item or property to ensure it is returned in good condition
- Container deposit, a deposit on a beverage container paid when purchased and refunded when returned
- Deposit (politics), a sum that a candidate must pay in return for the right to stand in an election
- Deposit (geology), material added to a landform
Other articles related to "deposit":
... de Dios, located east the town of Máfil in Chile, is a placer deposit of gold that has been mined several times since its discovery in 1556 ... from the gravel have deposited in nearby streams, thus giving origin to the placer deposit ... The deposit was discovered by Spaniards in 1556 but was not mined extensivelly until the late 19th century ...
... the chemical formula of MnO2 that was named after the Akhtensk deposit ... The deposit can be found in Russia, where it was first discovered and noted in 1979 ... can be found in the Akhtensk brown ironstone deposit, in the southern Ural Mountains, on Mt ...
... The Third Portage deposit was discovered in 1987 this was followed by the discovery of the Goose Island deposit, and the North Portage deposit ... then three further discoveries have been made including the Vault deposit (October 2000), the PDF deposit (October 2002) and the Cannu zone (September 2005) ...
... Mercantile Trust and Deposit Company is a historic bank building in Baltimore, designed by the Baltimore architectural firm of Wyatt and Sperry and constructed in 1885 ... Mercantile Trust and Deposit Company was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983 ...
Famous quotes containing the word deposit:
“A real life, a life that leaves a deposit in the shape of something alive.... Its difficult to say what makes a life a real life.... You could also say it depends on a person being identical with himself.”
—Max Frisch (19111991)