List of Theatre Roles
- Sir Henry Harcourt-Reilly in The Cocktail Party, Phoenix Theatre, July 1986;
- Nikolai in Brian Friel's Turgenev adaptation Fathers and Sons, National Theatre, July 1987;
- Vladimir in Waiting for Godot, National Theatre, November 1987;
- Harry Rivers in Jeffrey Archer's Exclusive, Strand Theatre, September 1989,
- George in A Single Man, Greenwich Theatre, June 1990;
- Jack in Brian Friel's Dancing at Lughnasa, Abbey Theatre, Dublin and National Theatre, October 1990; Phoenix Theatre, March 1991; and Garrick Theatre, December 1991;
- Caesar in Bernard Shaw's Caesar and Cleopatra, Greenwich Theatre, February 1992,
- Michael in Someone Who'll Watch Over Me, Hampstead Theatre, July 1992; Vaudeville Theatre, September 1992; the Booth Theatre, New York, November 1992 to June 1993;
- Edward Elgar in David Pownall's Elgar, RSC The Pit, May 1994;
- Prospero in The Tempest RSC Barbican Theatre, July 1994;
- Reginald Pager (a retired opera singer) in Ronald Harwood's Quartet, Yvonne Arnaud Theatre and Albery Theatre, September 1999-January 2000.
Read more about this topic: Alec McCowen
Other articles related to "theatre":
... The Cinesphere in Toronto, the first IMAX theatre in the world The iconic golden snail IMAX at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Jakarta, Indonesia, since 1975 Prasads IMAX Theater, at Hyderabad, India IMAX ... Ohio Imax21-1.jpg The 21 Cineplex IMAX theatre in Jakarta, Indonesia ...
... Yaron Lifschitz is an Australian theatre director most notable for his involvement in the circus arts ... He has directed over 50 productions including mainstage theatre, physical theatre, large scale events and opera ... He was first artistic director of the Australian Museum's Theatre Unit a position he held for five years ...
... In contrast to Theatre of the Oppressed, it contains little academic theory and many practical examples for drama practitioners to use even if not practicing theatre that is ... It has been influential in the development of Community Theatre and Theatre in Education (T.I.E.) practices worldwide, especially in Europe and South America ...
Famous quotes containing the words list of, roles, list and/or theatre:
“Loves boat has been shattered against the life of everyday. You and I are quits, and its useless to draw up a list of mutual hurts, sorrows, and pains.”
—Vladimir Mayakovsky (18931930)
“It was always the work that was the gyroscope in my life. I dont know who could have lived with me. As an architect youre absolutely devoured. A womans cast in a lot of roles and a man isnt. I couldnt be an architect and be a wife and mother.”
—Eleanore Kendall Pettersen (b. 1916)
“We saw the machinery where murderers are now executed. Seven have been executed. The plan is better than the old one. It is quietly done. Only a few, at the most about thirty or forty, can witness [an execution]. It excites nobody outside of the list permitted to attend. I think the time for capital punishment has passed. I would abolish it. But while it lasts this is the best mode.”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)
“Glorious bouquets and storms of applause ... are the trimmings which every artist naturally enjoys. But to move an audience in such a role, to hear in the applause that unmistakable note which breaks through good theatre manners and comes from the heart, is to feel that you have won through to life itself. Such pleasure does not vanish with the fall of the curtain, but becomes part of ones own life.”
—Dame Alice Markova (b. 1910)