Acts or ACTS may refer to:
- Acts of the Apostles (genre), a genre of early Christian literature
- Acts of the Apostles, the fifth book in the Bible's New Testament
- Adoration, Confession/Contrition, Thanksgiving, Supplication (or Intercession) – an acronym intended to illustrate the different purposes of Christian prayer
- ACTS Retirement-Life Communities - a faith based long-term care network.
- Communications and television
- Aboriginal Christian Television System
- Advance Community Television Station, a television station in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Advanced Communications Technology Satellite (ACTS), a satellite launched in 1993 by Space Shuttle Discovery on mission STS-51
- American Christian Television Services, parent company of WTLW in Lima, Ohio
- American Christian Television System, a defunct television network run by the Southern Baptist Convention
- Associated Christian Television System, parent company of WACX in Orlando, Florida
- Air transport, spaceflight and technology
- Air Corps Tactical School, the first military professional development school for officers of the United States Army Air Service and United States Army Air Corps.
- Advanced Crew Transportation System, a proposed joint European/Russian/Japanese manned spaceflight system
- Computing, automation, computer networks
- Automated Coin Toll System, a system used for collecting coins at payphones
- ACTS Nederland BV, railfreight company in the Netherlands
- ACTS, Abrollcontainer-Transportsystem (german) or Afzet Container Transport Systeem (Dutch) - a type of intermodal road/rail container system designed for operation without the use of cranes or lifting gear
Other articles related to "acts, act":
... The Universities (Scotland) Acts created a distinctive system of governance for the ancient universities in Scotland, the process beginning with the 1858 Act and ending with the 1966 Act ... Despite not being founded until after the first in these series of Acts, the University of Dundee shares all the features contained therein ... As a result of these Acts, each of these universities is governed by a tripartite system of General Council, University Court, and Academic Senate ...
... given in each of these States to the records, acts, and judicial proceedings of the courts and magistrates of every other State." A Pennsylvania court explained in 1886 ... provides Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state ... may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof ...
... The writer of Acts held Basilides responsible for dualism, yet his language on this point is loose, as if he were not sure of his ground and the quotation which he gives by no ... The identity of the Basilides of the Acts with the Alexandrian has been denied by Gieseler with some show of reason ... confidently among dualists, even if the passage in the Acts stood alone much more to use it as a standard by which to force a dualistic interpretation upon ...
... wholly or partially, under a number of Acts(list may not be complete) Arctic Waters Pollution Prevention Act R.S ... Columbia Indian Cut-off Lands Settlement Act — 1984, c. 2 British Columbia Indian Reserves Mineral Resources Act — 1943-44, c ...
Famous quotes containing the word acts:
“The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)
“I cant forgive my friends for dying; I dont find these vanishing acts of theirs at all amusing.”
—Logan Pearsall Smith (18651946)
“Thats the penalty we have to pay for our acts of foolishnesssomeone else always suffers for them.”
—Alfred Sutro (18631933)