- Best Latin Pop Album
- Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album
- Jerry Boys (engineer/mixer), Ry Cooder (producer) & Ibrahim Ferrer for Buenos Hermanos
- Best Mexican/Mexican-American Album
- Jose Angel Cabrera & Dennis Parker,(engineers), Daniel Estevez T. (engineer/mixer) & Joan Sebastian (producer & artist) for Afortunado
- Best Latin Rock/Alternative Album
- Anibal Kerpel, Joseph Chiccarelli (engineers), Elfego Buendia, Emmanuel Del Real, Gustavo Santaolalla, Jose "Joselo" Rangel, Quique Rangel (producers) & Café Tacuba for Cuatro Caminos
- Best Tejano Album
- Edward Perez, Ramiro Serna (engineers), Jimmy Gonzalez producer & Jimmy Gonzalez y El Grupo Mazz for Si Me Faltas Tu
- Best Salsa/Merengue Album
- Jon Fausty, Luca Germini, Jorge G. Gómez, Carlos Laurenz, Jose Lopez, Olga Santos, Jake Tanner, (engineers), Jorge G. Garcia (engineer/mixer), Oscar Gómez (engineer/mixer & producer), Sergio George (producer) & Celia Cruz for Regalo Del Alma
Other articles related to "latin":
... pllou ('it rains'), cllau ('key') General loss of Latin final unstressed vowels except for /a/, as in Catalan ... Latin terra → tierra Latin pōns → puent Occasional interdental fricative as reflex of to Latin /k/ before front vowels e.g ... Different results for 2nd person plural endings of verbs (Latin -tis), from west to east -z (as in some western variants of Aragonese), -tz (as in Occitan) or -u (as in modern Catalan) ...
... routine that incorporates the five Latin dances - Cha Cha, Jive, Paso Doble, Samba and Rumba - as well as tricks, lifts and free-form choreography ... XS Latin won the British National Championships in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011 They were placed 14th in the World Formation Championships Nov 2008, 13th in ... Besides competitions XS Latin also give demonstrations and promote formation dance at several open house events ...
... Best Latin Recording Eddie Palmieri for Sun of Latin Music. ...
... XS Latin is a formation dance team based in Cambridge, UK ... is ranked 1st in the UK and 13th in the World as a Latin Formation Team ...
... As Latin is an Italic language, most of its vocabulary is likewise Italic, deriving ultimately from PIE ... of close cultural interaction, the Romans not only adapted the Etruscan alphabet to form the Latin alphabet, but also borrowed some Etruscan words into their ... Latin also included vocabulary borrowed from Oscan, another Italic language ...
Famous quotes containing the word latin:
“Status quo, you know, that is Latin for the mess were in.”
—Ronald Reagan (b. 1911)
“They named it Ovation from the Latin ovis [a sheep].”
“In my dealing with my child, my Latin and Greek, my accomplishments and my money stead me nothing; but as much soul as I have avails. If I am wilful, he sets his will against mine, one for one, and leaves me, if I please, the degradation of beating him by my superiority of strength. But if I renounce my will, and act for the soul, setting that up as umpire between us two, out of his young eyes looks the same soul; he reveres and loves with me.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)