1. Return to New Orleans
- In 1868, Yancy arrives home, penniless, after the war, only to discover he has a wife, Amanda Eaton (Julie Adams), he did not know about and that his family plantation, Waverly, has been turned in a gambling den. John Colton, the city administrator of New Orleans, helps to return the Waverly to Yancy. John Colton asks Yancy to help rebuild New Orleans as his special agent.
- b&w: 02-Oct-1958 w: Mary Loos (as Mary Sale) & Richard Sale d: Richard Sale
2. Gallatin Street
- Yancy helps a sea captain who was cheated out of his money in a dive on notorious Gallatin Street.
- b&w: 09-Oct-1958
3. Ticket to Natchez
- gs: Marie Windsor (Billie Joe)
- City administrator John Colton entrusts Yancy with an army payroll that is to be taken to Natchez, Mississippi on Yancy's riverboat, the Sultana, but robbers have other plans.
- b&w: 23-Oct-1958
4. An Ace Called Spade
- Yancy is relieved to find that a newspaper story about administrator Colton's death is premature, but fears that Colton will be the victim of trickery in an upcoming duel.
- b&w: 30-Oct-1958
5. A Bullet for Bridget
- We meet for the first time, Bridget Malone, Madame Francine's cousin from Ireland, who while visiting New Orleans decides that Yancy is to be her future husband. Special guest star is his real life wife, Margaret Field (as Maggie Mahoney) as Bridget Malone.
- b&w: 06-Nov-1958
6. The Belle from Boston
- After administrator Colton hangs a member of an outlaw gang, the others decide to take revenge on his visiting sister.
- b&w: 13-Nov-1958
7. The Loot from Richmond
- A messenger is sent to New Orleans by a former general in the Civil War, but is killed before he can reveal what happened to a fortune that was taken from Richmond, Virginia.
- b&w: 20-Nov-1958
8. The Saga of Lonesome Jackson
- A wealthy but lonely man who has come to New Orleans looking for a wife asks Yancy to help him.
- b&w: 27-Nov-1958
9. Memo to a Firing Squad
- An army officer with vengeance in his heart tries to stop a presidential pardon. Without the pardon, a man who is scheduled to die before a firing squad. John M. Pickard, who plays Lieutenant Weems, is among the guest stars.
- b&w: 04-Dec-1958
10. Three Knaves from New Haven
- Shop owners receive threats of violence if they refuse to sell their property to three strangers. Special guest star is his real life wife, Margaret Field (as Maggie Mahoney) as Bridget Malone.
- b&w: 11-Dec-1958
11. Marble Fingers
- gs: Kasey Rogers (Blackeyed Sue)
- Yancy tries to find out who's responsible for recent grave robberies.
- b&w: 18-Dec-1958
12. Old Dixie
- gs: Louise Fletcher (Unknown)
- Special Christmas Episode. Villains go after Yancy's dog Dixie after Yancy's father dies leaving a note that only the dog knows where the family pre-war fortune is buried. Special guest star is his real life wife, Margaret Field (as Maggie Mahoney) as Bridget Malone.
- b&w: 25-Dec-1958
13. Two of a Kind
- Yancy and Pahoo are framed for a series of crimes, and now face execution.
- b&w: 01-Jan-1959
14. Nightmare on Bourbon Street
- A mysterious mad bomber steals explosives and threatens to blow up the entire city of New Orleans.
- b&w: 08-Jan-1959
15. The Fair Freebooter
- Yancy must deal with a female pirate, Coco LaSalle, who has stolen his shirt he ordered from Paris. He goes after his shirt into the deadly swamps. Coltan tags along to recover a stolen necklace from representatives of the Mexican government.
- b&w: 15-Jan-1959
16. Mayhem at the Market
- Merchants are in such fear for their lives that Yancy gets no cooperation in his attempt to break a new protection racket.
- b&w: 22-Jan-1959
17. The Night the Russians Landed
- A visiting Russian noble appears to have become a target for murder.
- b&w: 29-Jan-1959
18. A Game of Chance
- Yancy suspects foul play when a lottery winner dies before she can collect.
- b&w: 05-Feb-1959
19. Panic in Town
- With a serial attacker is loose in New Orleans. He attacks women and cut their hair. The authorities are seemingly powerless. A group of vigilantes decides to take over New Orleans.
- b&w: 12-Feb-1959
20. Hell and High Water
- gs: Charles Bronson (Rogue Donovan), Patricia Cutts (Lady Charity)
- It looks like New Orleans is going to be flooded. Yancy comes up with a risky scheme to save New Orleans. John Colton is taken prisoner by Lady Charity to protect her plantation property from Yancy's risky scheme. Meanwhile Rogue Donovan tries to kill Yancy.
- b&w: 19-Feb-1959
21. The Louisiana Dude
- gs: Hillary Brooke (Julia Bulette), John Cliff (Nat Greer), Harry Swoger (Big Jim Ogden), Addison Richards (Judge Harper), Steve Pendleton (Sheriff Anderson), Woodrow Chambliss (Captain Tom), James Anderson (Fitch), Booth Colman (Henry Duval)
- Yancy wins a half interest in a silver mine. The Sultana's boiler blows up, and Yancy travels to Virginia City, Nevada hoping to get five thousand dollars needed for a new broiler. Yancy discovers that his new partner is a beautiful woman.
- b&w: 26-Feb-1959 w: Coles Trapnell d: William F. Claxton
- When famed General George Armstrong Custer visits New Orleans, Yancy discovers that he is being stalked by an Indian seeking revenge for a past wrong. We meet for the first time, Colorado Charlie, Indian Scout.
- b&w: 05-Mar-1959
23. Thunder on the River
- gs: Patricia Barry
- Yancy decides to help a fellow riverboat owner whose fleet is being sabotaged by rivals trying to corner the market on river traffic.
- b&w: 12-Mar-1959
24. The Gun That Murdered Lincoln
- Yancy is unjustly accused of having provided the weapon used by presidential assassin John Wilkes Booth.
- b&w: 19-Mar-1959
25. Collector's Item
- To assist a woman in her crusade to provide a home for the city's orphans, Yancy comes up with a scheme that requires the aid of photography pioneer Mathew Brady.
- b&w: 26-Mar-1959
26. Fire on the Frontier
- gs: Robert Carricart (Thaddeus Stevens)
- Yancy's Indian friend Pahoo becomets an important element in efforts to prevent a war with the Pawnee tribes.
- b&w: 02-Apr-1959
27. Duel at the Oaks
- Yancy is sentenced to hang for killing a man in a duel. John Vivyan guest starred as LeBow.
- b&w: 09-Apr-1959
28. The Wayward Warrior
- Trying to stop some gun smugglers, Yancy has a run-in with a boxing champion and a re-match with a female river pirate, Coco LaSalle.
- b&w: 16-Apr-1959
29. A State of Crisis
- With the city of New Orleans plagued by counterfeit money, General Hugh Morgan arrives in New Orleans with orders promoting John Colton to a post in Washington and giving Morgan command of the city. Walter Coy guest stars as Slade Donovan.
- b&w: 30-Apr-1959 w: Coles Trapnell d: Edward Denault
30. Outlaw at Liberty
- Yancy is at a loss to figure out what's going on when a marshal he knows charges an old wartime friend with murder.
- b&w: 07-May-1959
31. V as in Voodoo
- Yancy tries to combat superstition when the city is terrorized by a mysterious voodoo priestess.
- b&w: 14-May-1959
32. The Quiet Firecracker
- Yancy's good friend, Miss Mandarin, is accused of smuggling opium into the city inside firecrackers.
- b&w: 21-May-1959
33. Gone But Not Forgotten
- gs: Joyce Jameson (Bonnie Mason)
- A friend of Yancy's comes to visit from Virginia City, with news that his silver mine is doing well, but that there is a gravestone in the cemetery with Yancy's name on it. Dayton Lummis plays Judge Randall.
- b&w: 28-May-1959
34. Two Tickets to Promontory
- On a train trip to a celebration of the completion of the transcontinental railroad, Yancy discovers a saboteur.
- b&w: 04-Jun-1959
Read more about this topic: Yancy Derringer
Other articles related to "episode, episodes":
... Red Spark (Episode 1) Jikiro (Episodes 1, 22, 25) Destro-King (Episodes 2 and 12) Dorola (Episode 3) Wagilar (Episode 4) Spyler (Episodes 4 and 12) Dragon King (Episodes 7 and 12) Gilmoras (Episode 7 ... Gigan appears in Episode 11 ... he is killed by Zone Fighter at the end of the episode ...
... Television Year Title Role Notes 1990 Shark in the Park Rohann Murdoch 6 episodes 1992 Homeward Bound Tim Johnstone 1993 White Fang David 1 episode "Tough Kid" 1993 Shortland Street ...
... The following is a list of episodes from Hercules The Legendary Journeys, a television series, filmed in New Zealand and the United States, starring Kevin Sorbo ... It ran for 111 episodes over six seasons ...
... A total of 52 episodes were aired over two seasons ... The first 26 episodes aired between October 24, 1989 and January 21, 1990, with the second season, also containing 26 episodes, airing between April 19 and September 9, 1990 ...
... Year Film Role Notes 1952 Broadway Television Theatre Erwin Throwbridge Episodes Three Men on a Horse, Nothing but the Truth 1952 Westinghouse Studio One Harvey B ... Hines Episode The Square Peg 1954 The Blue Angel Host I believe that the Blue Angel you list was a night club in New York City where Mr Bean performed. 1954 Robert Montgomery Presents unknown Episode It Happened in Paris 1954 Westinghouse Studio One Joey Episode Joey 1955 The Best of Broadway Mortimer Brewster ...
Famous quotes containing the word episodes:
“Twenty or thirty years ago, in the army, we had a lot of obscure adventures, and years later we tell them at parties, and suddenly we realize that those two very difficult years of our lives have become lumped together into a few episodes that have lodged in our memory in a standardized form, and are always told in a standardized way, in the same words. But in fact that lump of memories has nothing whatsoever to do with our experience of those two years in the army and what it has made of us.”
—Václav Havel (b. 1936)
“What is a novel if not a conviction of our fellow-mens existence strong enough to take upon itself a form of imagined life clearer than reality and whose accumulated verisimilitude of selected episodes puts to shame the pride of documentary history?”
—Joseph Conrad (18571924)