Common examples of wireless equipment include:
- Telemetry control and traffic control systems
- Infrared and ultrasonic remote control devices
- Professional LMR (Land Mobile Radio) and SMR (Specialized Mobile Radio) typically used by business, industrial and Public Safety entities.
- Consumer Two way radio including FRS Family Radio Service, GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) and Citizens band ("CB") radios.
- The Amateur Radio Service (Ham radio).
- Consumer and professional Marine VHF radios.
- Airband and radio navigation equipment used by aviators and air traffic control
- Cellular telephones and pagers: provide connectivity for portable and mobile applications, both personal and business.
- Global Positioning System (GPS): allows drivers of cars and trucks, captains of boats and ships, and pilots of aircraft to ascertain their location anywhere on earth.
- Cordless computer peripherals: the cordless mouse is a common example; keyboards and printers can also be linked to a computer via wireless using technology such as Wireless USB or Bluetooth
- Cordless telephone sets: these are limited-range devices, not to be confused with cell phones.
- Satellite television: Is broadcast from satellites in geostationary orbit. Typical services use direct broadcast satellite to provide multiple television channels to viewers.
Read more about this topic: Wireless
Other articles related to "wireless services, wireless, services, service":
... NEP Telephone has GSM wireless services in place for Dimock, Montrose, Susquehanna, Forest City, and other towns in the area ... They offer EDGE and GPRS wireless data services ... from other GSM carriers to roam onto their network when service from their home carrier is not available ...
... demand for pay telephones, but the increasing use of laptops is leading to a new kind of service ... In 2003, service provider Verizon announced that they would begin offering wireless computer connectivity in the vicinity of their phone booths in Manhattan ... As of 2006 the Verizon wifi telephone booth service was discontinued in favor of the more expensive Verizon Wireless's EVDO system ...
... Eastlink spent $25 million during the 2008 Advanced Wireless Services (AWS) auction for 19 licenses in Ontario and Atlantic Canada as well as Grande ... The company announced in 2011 that it would introduce wireless services, beginning with announced for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island ... Mobile, suggesting that the operator he worked for would offer wireless services to Atlantic Canada in 2012 ...
Famous quotes containing the word services:
“Working women today are trying to achieve in the work world what men have achieved all alongbut men have always had the help of a woman at home who took care of all the other details of living! Today the working woman is also that woman at home, and without support services in the workplace and a respect for the work women do within and outside the home, the attempt to do both is taking its tollon women, on men, and on our children.”
—Jeanne Elium (20th century)