Some articles on tap, taps:
... As part of the 2nd generation iPod touch advertising campaign, Apple featured Tap Tap Revenge in print and television ads with the headline "The funnest iPod ever." ... The game spawned three direct sequels, Tap Tap Revenge 2, Tap Tap Revenge 3 (released on 20 December 2010), and Tap Tap Revenge 4, as well as a set of spin-offs and artist-centric video games ... The digital distribution of the Tap Tap series has made it among the best-selling video game franchises of all time with over 15 million combined downloads ...
... Let's Tap is a video game developed by Yuji Naka's studio Prope and published by Sega for the Wii console ... Along with Let's Catch, Let's Tap was the first game from Prope to be announced ... Owners of Let's Tap will be able to unlock content in Let's Catch ...
... Tap is a village in the municipality of Tap Qaraqoyunlu in the Goranboy Rayon of Azerbaijan ...
... The game features the following minigames Tap Runner Up to four players compete in a side scrolling race along an obstacle course where they must jump over chasms, climb up ramps ... Rhythm Tap Players tap in time to a moving timeline of musical beats ... Visualizer A freeform mode where players use taps to create imagery such as fireworks bursting over a futuristic cityscape, paint splattering on a ...
... LaVaughn Robinson (LaVaughn Evett) (February 9, 1927 – January 22, 2008) was an US tap dancer, choreographer, and teacher ... A virtuoso tap dancer, Robinson perfected a high speed, low to the ground, a cappella style of dance that was characterized by elegance, precision, and clarity of sound ... in nightclubs, and finally in national and international tap festivals ...
More definitions of "tap":
- (verb): Make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently.
Synonyms: solicit, beg
- (verb): Furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it.
Example: "Tap a cask of wine"
- (noun): A tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads.
- (verb): Cut a female screw thread with a tap.
- (verb): Draw from or dip into to get something.
Example: "Tap one's memory"; "tap a source of money"
- (verb): Walk with a tapping sound.
- (verb): Strike lightly.
- (verb): Dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes.
- (verb): Pierce in order to draw a liquid from.
Example: "Tap a maple tree for its syrup"; "tap a keg of beer"
- (verb): Draw from; make good use of.
- (noun): A faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask.
Synonyms: water faucet, water tap, spigot, hydrant
- (noun): A small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing).
- (noun): The act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information.
- (verb): Draw (liquor) from a tap.
Example: "Tap beer in a bar"
Famous quotes containing the word tap:
“A book is like a manclever and dull, brave and cowardly, beautiful and ugly. For every flowering thought there will be a page like a wet and mangy mongrel, and for every looping flight a tap on the wing and a reminder that wax cannot hold the feathers firm too near the sun.”
—John Steinbeck (19021968)
“Anna who was mad,
I have a knife in my armpit.
When I stand on tiptoe I tap out messages.”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)