Some articles on spot:
... Numbers Counting Matching Game C Tap Spot Count Draw C Number Adding Spot Draw Spot Tap ...
... Clear Spot is the seventh album by Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band, originally released on LP in 1972 in a clear plastic sleeve ... Clear Spot gathers together much of the lyrical material that Beefheart had created or formulated at the beginning of The Spotlight Kid recordings ... The title 'Clear Spot' was embossed on the front flap, with the record clearly visible inside without a liner ...
... The forewings have a black and white spot at the base, a dark brown spot near the tornus and one or two at the costa ... There is a black spot at the base and a large, elongated black spot from inner margin to vein five ...
... Ninian Spot (d ... of Glasgow, which is mentioned in papal documents because it became vacant upon Spot's accession to the bishopric ... It is not clear why Spot rather than Vaus became bishop on the second occasion ...
... Cool Spot, a mascot for 7 Up soft drinks Spot (professional wrestling), a pre-planned wrestling move or series of moves SPOT (satellites), Satellite Pour l'Observation de la Terre, Earth ... Bush Spot price, a financial term for price of trade done today Smart Personal Objects Technology, a Microsoft initiative Scott Draves, (known as 'Spot'), digital artist and VJ A nickname for a ... USS Spot, an American submarine that served during World War II ...
More definitions of "spot":
- (verb): Become spotted.
Example: "This dress spots quickly"
- (noun): A business establishment for entertainment.
Example: "Night spot"
- (noun): A small quantity.
Example: "A spot of tea"
- (verb): Mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition.
Example: "Spot the areas that one should clearly identify"
- (noun): A point located with respect to surface features of some region.
Synonyms: topographic point, place
- (noun): A playing card with a specified number of pips on it to indicate its value.
Example: "An eight spot"
- (noun): A lamp that produces a strong beam of light to illuminate a restricted area; used to focus attention of a stage performer.
- (noun): An outstanding characteristic.
- (noun): A short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine) that is often used for advertising.
- (noun): A small contrasting part of something.
Example: "A bald spot"
Synonyms: speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation
- (noun): A slight attack of illness.
- (noun): A mark on a playing card (shape depending on the suit).
- (verb): Mar or impair with a flaw.
- (noun): A section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance.
Example: "They changed his spot on the program"
Famous quotes containing the word spot:
“A spot whereon the founders lived and died
Seemed once more dear than life; ancestral trees,
Or gardens rich in memory glorified
Marriages, alliances, and families,
And every brides ambition satisfied.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“I may be able to spot arrowheads on the desert but a refrigerator is a jungle in which I am easily lost. My wife, however, will unerringly point out that the cheese or the leftover roast is hiding right in front of my eyes. Hundreds of such experiences convince me that men and women often inhabit quite different visual worlds. These are differences which cannot be attributed to variations in visual acuity. Man and women simply have learned to use their eyes in very different ways.”
—Edward T. Hall (b. 1914)
“Mark where the pressing wind shoots javelin-like
Its skeleton shadow on the broad-backed wave!
Here is a fitting spot to dig Loves grave;”
—George Meredith (18281909)