Venture may refer to:
- VENTURE NOTC, the Canadian Naval Officer Training Centre based in CFB Esquimalt, British Columbia
- Chevrolet Venture, a General Motors Corporation minivan.
- VentureOne, a concept car by Venture Vehicles
- Joint venture, a strategic alliance between two or more parties to undertake economic activity together
- Venture (department store), a defunct discount department store operating across Australia
- Venture capital, general term for financing startup, early stage, and "turn around" type businesses
- Venture Management, an emerging business management discipline
- Venture philanthropy, an emerging approach that attempts to make philanthropy more effective
- Venture Stores, a former chain of retail stores headquartered out of O'Fallon, Missouri
- Venture Magazine a management magazine
- VentureSoft, a consulting corporation
- Venture, a video game
- Venture (TV series), a Canadian business television show on the CBC network
- Venture Science Fiction Magazine, a US science fiction magazine published in 1957-1958 and revived in 1969-1970
- The Venture Bros., a US animated television series airing as part of Adult Swim on Cartoon Network
- "A Venture", a song by the U.K progressive rock group Yes and featured on their 1971 album The Yes Album
- Errant Venture, an Imperial Star Destroyer in the Star Wars universe
- USS Venture, a Galaxy class starship in the Star Trek universe
- SS Venture, a ship registered in Surabaya, chartered by film director Carl Denham to travel to Skull Island in King Kong (1933 film) and its 2005 remake
- SS Venture, an InGen owned ship featured in Jurassic Park: The Lost World
- Venture, a strategic card game by Sid Sackson
- Venture Scout, a section of the Scout Movement, mostly in countries of the Commonwealth of Nations
- Venture Scouts (Scouting Ireland), a program for youth aged between 15 and a half to 21 years of age
- Venturer Scouts (Australia), the fourth section of Scouts Australia
- Venturing (Boy Scouts of America), a membership division of the Boy Scouts of America
- Australian Venture, a Jamboree style event held for Venturers in Australia every 3 years
- Venture patrol, a program in Boy Scouting (Boy Scouts of America)
- Yamaha Venture, links to two touring motorcycles manufactured by Yamaha.
- Yamaha Venture Royale, a touring motorcycle manufactured by Yamaha from 1983 to 1993
- Yamaha Royal Star Venture, a touring motorcycle manufactured by Yamaha from 1999 to the present
Other articles related to "venture":
... Private equity and venture capital Basic investment types Buyout Venture Mezzanine Growth Secondaries Equity co-investment History History of private equity and ...
... Specialty Sports Venture (or SSV) is a sporting goods company based out of Denver, Colorado ... Specialty Sports Venture operates as a conglomeration of small specialty stores of different names ... are no stores named 'Specialty Sports Venture' ...
... The ranks are Venture 2nd Class Venture 1st Class Peregrine Falcon (Hayabusa) Fuji Scout Venture Scout rank insignia ...
... The venture was conceived as a joint venture between Creative Artists Agency, the venture capital arm of New York-based hedge fund Pequot Capital (now known as FirstMark Capital) and MLB Advanced ...
Famous quotes containing the word venture:
“Our venture in revolution and outlawry
Has justified itself in freedoms story
Right down to now in glory upon glory.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“It is not quite safe to send out a venture in this kind, unless yourself go supercargo. Where a man goes, there he is; but the slightest virtue is immovable,it is real estate, not personal; who would keep it, must consent to be bought and sold with it.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Women have been taught that, for us, the earth is flat, and that if we venture out, we will fall off the edge. Some of us have ventured out nevertheless, and so far we have not fallen off. It is my faith, my feminist faith, that we will not.”
—Andrea Dworkin (b. 1946)