Tri Nations may refer to:
- In Rugby union
- Tri Nations (rugby union), the former name of The Rugby Championship a competition featuring Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- Pacific Tri-Nations, the series between Fiji, Samoa and Tonga
- In Rugby league
- Rugby League Tri-Nations, a competition featuring Australia, New Zealand and Great Britain
- Central Europe Development Tri-nations, the series between Germany, Austria and Estonia
- In other sports
- Any tournament featuring 3 national representative teams, for example in Netball.
Other articles related to "tri nations":
... team that mauled Australia 61–22 during the 1997 Tri Nations tournament, which was only replaced in 2008 (30 August 2008 - 53–8 win to South Africa ... He was also a mercurial member of South Africa's first ever Tri Nations victory ...
... The 2009 Tri Nations Series was the fourteenth annual Tri Nations rugby union series between the national rugby union teams of New Zealand, Australia and South Africa, respectively nicknamed the All Blacks ...
... the next five Tests, including the opening match of the 2004 Tri Nations against Australia ... cover for the injured Keith Robinson, but was not used, and he was left out of the squad for the Tri Nations ... was dropped from the squad for New Zealand's last game in the 2004 Tri Nations, against South Africa, who won comprehensively, out-scoring the All Blacks ...
... his country at two World Cups (1995 and 2000), three Tri Nations series (1999, 2005, 2006), and has played 41 games for the New Zealand Kiwis ... only to play the Australasian section of the Tri Nations series ... Stacey Jones was an integral part of the New Zealand Tri Nations campaign ...
Famous quotes containing the word nations:
“As I drew a still fresher soil about the rows with my hoe, I disturbed the ashes of unchronicled nations who in primeval years lived under these heavens, and their small implements of war and hunting were brought to the light of this modern day.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)